Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
I WOULD LOVE to have one of those. I hear they can get like 30-35 mpg on diesel. Get it going on veggie oil and you're in! If I could find a nice 81, I would actually probably buy it....or try to anyhow!

Bart

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Worst I ever recorded in my '81 was 32MPG, best was 42MPG.

So are we going to buy the lot or what?

I'd take a 4-door with 5-speed.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Man, that would be so cool if we all got together and bought them. Problem is, his asking price is about $2000 each give or take, and I would only want a good, solid, rust free, running one.....with a manual tranny.....and man, they are so damn ugly!! :lol: The 81s had that "fast back" kinda look, much better looking that these poopy looking sedans. But for the nostagia, the gas, and the Isuzu factor, it would be nice to have!!

Bart

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Yeah, my '81 LS was awesome. I bought it for $2000 and sold it for $2300. I could have gotten more, it was pristine.

I'd still buy one. Serious.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
I wonder why there aren't more of them still around? Were they made in small numbers to begin with? Or were they prone to XXX problem and most have gone to the crusher?

Bart

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
They were the first car brought in under the Isuzu badge I think. Not sure why, but the cars just didn't catch on as well as the trucks.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
if any are 2 door with a 4sp there really hard to find.

they had the highest mpg rating.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
trooper T/diesel said:
if any are 2 door with a 4sp there really hard to find.

they had the highest mpg rating.
Yeah, there was an 81 that sold on eBay earlier this year, it was in cherry shape too....when done up right, I think the 81 2drs can look really cool.

Bart

1 - 9 of 9 Posts