Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I understanding this correctly, To use 5 w30 Oil in my trans and front diff. for the Rodeo in my profile.
What do I use for the rear diff ?

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
5w30 in the trans and transfer case. Front and rear diffs get gear oil. Check to see if your rear axle has limited slip (G80 code on the options plate on the firewall). If so you will have to use some LSD additive in the rear axle or oil that doesnt need additive. I use Amsoil Syncromesh 5w30 MTF in my trans and t-case. I dont like using motor oil where gears are involved. For front and rear axles I use Valvoline synthetic 75w90. When I had LSD in my rear axle the valvoline was fine without any additive. I switched to Royal Purple for a while and even though it says no additive needed the LSD chattered like crazy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quick ? . How much LSD additive is needed ?
Does it come with amounts to add or what.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
The official amount is "add until LSD stops chattering". Helpful, I know lol. When mine was chattering with Royal Purple I added one tube and it still did it. I would add one tube and then see how it goes and add another 1/2 tube at a time until it stops. What they call chattering, to me, sounds like gears striping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts