1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Run the 4ze1 until it is warmed up.

Turn it off.

Let it sit for about 15 minutes.

Now, if you loosen the clamp on the fuel line that runs across the top of the common chamber... Should there be any fuel pressure there ?

Seems to me like the pressure should all make it's way back to the tank by then, via the return line, right ?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
No, for some reason this engine doesn't work like that. However, let it sit for a couple/few hours and it will relieve it's self but never really fully 0 psi.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Should hold pressure for a long time or you couldn't let it rest for hours / days and have instant start up.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah. So I had it backwards. (Nothing new for me. LOL)]

So if I opened up that line in say a half hour, and there were NO pressure there, I might need to check out the injectors for leakage...

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Selador said:
Ah. So I had it backwards. (Nothing new for me. LOL)]

So if I opened up that line in say a half hour, and there were NO pressure there, I might need to check out the injectors for leakage...
I would say that or for some reason the pump isn't holding the pressure. If it isn't the injectors, "they" do make a brass check valve which would be installed inline to hold the fuel between the injectors and fuel source. Normally between 25.00 / 30.00 bucks. Very common item in marine applications.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shooter said:
I would say that or for some reason the pump isn't holding the pressure. If it isn't the injectors, "they" do make a brass check valve which would be installed inline to hold the fuel between the injectors and fuel source. Normally between 25.00 / 30.00 bucks. Very common item in marine applications.
Ok, now that's interesting.

If I have a problem with this in the future, I'll have to check that out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Curious why you would need to loosen the fuel line?

Selador said:
Run the 4ze1 until it is warmed up.

Turn it off.

Let it sit for about 15 minutes.

Now, if you loosen the clamp on the fuel line that runs across the top of the common chamber... Should there be any fuel pressure there ?

Seems to me like the pressure should all make it's way back to the tank by then, via the return line, right ?

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jay said:
Curious why you would need to loosen the fuel line?
It's usually easier to loosen it before you remove it.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Because I swapped the head gasket.

Jay said:
Ha! You funny guy.

Okay.....why are you needing to remove it?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Ah. Well, well I did my head gasket I opened the gas cap to release pressure from the system. Maybe that's not the correct method, but when I removed the hose attached to the common chamber I didn't get any gasoline spray. It bubbled out a bit but I was ready with a piece of aluminum round stock and plugged it into the hose.

Selador said:
Because I swapped the head gasket.

Jay said:
Ha! You funny guy.

Okay.....why are you needing to remove it?

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going to have to remember that about the gas cap. Great idea !!

Jay said:
Ah. Well, well I did my head gasket I opened the gas cap to release pressure from the system. Maybe that's not the correct method, but when I removed the hose attached to the common chamber I didn't get any gasoline spray. It bubbled out a bit but I was ready with a piece of aluminum round stock and plugged it into the hose.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Aw shucks gee whiz thanks but I'm sure I'm not the first to think of it.

By the way, didn't want to jack your post re: your shaved head, but I SO wanted to be a smart aleck and say that 16 degrees would be awfully cold on a shaved head and you might want to wear a cap. har har.

Selador said:
I'm going to have to remember that about the gas cap. Great idea !!

Jay said:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts