Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i blew the 4ze1 engine in my 92 amigo xs 4x4. i dropped in a new 4ze1 engine from a trooper of unknown age. 95? the new engine had an ac motor which i removed. i dropped the trooper engine into the amigo today. the engine is loosely bolted on the engine mounts. the bell housing/transmission is on a scissor jack. they are neither lined up.

i am planning on initiating the mating at the starter. there is an actual bolt with a nut through to the other side, the only one in the bell housing/engine matrix , associated with one of the starters mounting spots. the rest of the fasteners are just plane bolts that thread from the bell housing side into the engine. (maybe there was one more bolt/ nut set up on the housing.)

what bolt tightening pattern should i use. should i secure at the starter and do adjacent bolts and work my way around, or should i go for a spot across the bell housing for my next mating point and criss cross?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would not begin with the starter unless you are sure everything is perfect.
Starter is made to come off independant of transmission, so should be no reason to begin there... but I could be wrong.

Just begin anywhere-criss cross and make sure it is all looking good. Then the starter, slave cylinder, ect... Look at the different length bolts and make sure they get into proper holes

There might be a pattern, I dont know

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool.i guess that makes sense about the starter. yea i kept a diagram with all the bolts that i took out so i can put them back in the same places.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts