Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the front axle actuator out of a 2004 Rodeo fit my 2000 Rodeo? From what I know they should both be electronic as I know mine is. It is a 2004 Rodeo 3.5L 4x4 going into my 2000 Rodeo 3.2L 4x4.

But maybe it isn't the actuator. If I press my 4wd button I can hear the t-case clunk and engage the front drive shaft but the wheels don't engage or spin and the light keeps blinking. The vehicle is a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo 3.2L 4x4 so it has an electronic actuator. Can anyone tell me where to look to see if I can get this problem solve as winter and snow are on their way and I need to get this solved. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After further research I remembered I recently welded under the Rodeo. Could I have fried the 4x4 controller while welding?

·
Registered
11,939 Posts
The axle actuator, part # 8-97208-683-8 fits 2000 and up /Amigo/Rodeo/Axiom/Passport. The 4WD lamp will blink if the actuator does not engage, there is a switch inside the actuator that sends an engagement complete signal to the 4WD controller. The actuator is controlled by the Shift On The Fly (SOTF) controller. A new actuator can be had for around $200 bucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts