Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a customers truck that we been building for about 3 years now. When it came to me the engine barely ran due to rust in the fuel tank. After rebuilding the entire fuel system, fixing oil leaks, rewiring the engine electrical. Next it was killing the frame rust, repairing the 4WD system, custom made rims with 38"x17" tires and then building and installing the sub frame. This week the camper was installed and now she is finally taking shape as a bad a$s expedition vehicle.

The owner flew out to Reno and is driving it back home to Maine where he will build out the interior. Come October the vehicle will return for HVAC, water, electrical, hydraulic winch install & cab rewiring.

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

Sky Plant Cloud Tire Wheel

Reactions: robb5

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuso is a Mitsubishi right?
Wish the 4x4 NPRs were more available here in the states. I love the idea of overlander trucks, or even sweet tow rigs, built out of those trucks.
Fuso is Mitsubishi. Isuzu & Fuso both did not offer a 4x4 truck in the USA. This Fuso was imported from Canada.

It is really easy to convert these 2wd USA models to 4x4. Unfortunately the owner & I did not know each other at the time he purchased the truck.

Starting in a couple months I begin work on a 1978 Unimog build.

Reactions: robb5

·
Registered
626 Posts
Can you point me to a build thread that specifically covers converting one of these to 4x4? I'm most curious about the trans/transfer case set up. I would like to set one up as a short wheel base 5th wheel/gooseneck trailer toter.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Can you point me to a build thread that specifically covers converting one of these to 4x4? I'm most curious about the trans/transfer case set up. I would like to set one up as a short wheel base 5th wheel/gooseneck trailer toter.
i don't fallow build threads So i cant point you in that direction.
Ford F550 axles and a factory transfer-case is how I converted them in the past.

·
Registered
1993 Rodeo 2WD 4ZE1/T5 CA Spec - 2016 RAM1500 Pentastar (22mpg) - 1986 RockZuk on Toyota Axles
104 Posts
Fuso is a Mitsubishi right?
Wish the 4x4 NPRs were more available here in the states. I love the idea of overlander trucks, or even sweet tow rigs, built out of those trucks.
There's a local UPS guy that does his deliveries in a camo NPR with over a million miles on it... Definitely influenced my decision to get the Rodeo that needed more engine work than I've done myself in over a decade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts