Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who woulda thought.. the sotf wasnt working right on my rodeo. it's a 97 3.2 5spd. luckily, i had 1 more extra set of vsv's. so i changed the vsv's along with all of the vacuum lines. had all 4 tires off the ground and the 4wd kicks in as it is supposed to now. however, the 4wd light on the dash isnt coming on. so i looked at the switch and the connectors and apparently the previous owner had a problem and looks like he just cut the wires off of a switch from a junkyard and cut the wires on the actual connector. i tested the switch's continuity and it is always open. and when i short them together, the light comes on in the dash. so my diagnosis is a bad position switch. now, i have NO clue what this switch is called to look for it. i think i may have found it on rockauto.com. it is standard motor products part number NS183. i checked on ebay and it is 20 bux more on ebay!! so i checked amazon.com and they have that part number NS183, but says it WONT fit my rodeo. the connector on the rodeo looks like it is 1 piece and the switch that rockauto lists shows 2 seperate wires and connectors. anyone have an idea on where to get this part and if this really is the correct part? will this NS183 thread into the hole and i just need to cut and splice the wires like the previous owner did? any help is appreciated!! thanks!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey is this the switch that is connected on the side of the transfer case or the one that is on the Vacuum shift motor? Thanks!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am looking for the switch that is mounted on the front axle next to the shift fork that locks in the front end in 4wd.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya, just to the right of the right side vacuum line.. it looks like it threads into the axle

·
Registered
268 Posts
it threads into the "Vacuum Shift Motor"

What I want to know is what is the difference between this one and the one that is on the side of the transfer case.

Are they both "4wd indicator switches"????????

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
It is called Switch, differential part # 8-97101-956-2. There an 0-ring that goes with it called Gasket, switch part # 9-09571-414-0. The switch is about $36.00

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
That is an Isuzu part number. However, since a Honda Passport is actually a Rodeo, it is a Honda number as well. The part also fits Trooper/Acura

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think so, but I seriously doubt anyone has it in stock. Prolly has to be ordered. I was just at the local pull and pay place and found 3 different rodeo's/passports with it still on there. I think they wanted something like $5 for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts