Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 4 wheel drive indicator light in my wife's Rodeo is constantly on...it has been on since we bought it used a few months back. I've jacked it up and checked out the 4WD system and it works -- it's not locked into 4 WD and I can shift in and out anytime...but the stupid annoying light is always ON! I can't stand it! I need everything to work perfectly!

I imagine the switch is either stuck or burnt out... Does anyone know where this thing is located? Haynes and Chilton manuals don't touch the subject at all. I need to know where it's at so I can get to it and replace it!!

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
79 Posts
Generally they are at the base of the t-case shifter. Try pulling the boot up and taking a look from inside the cab. If that doesn't help then try and locate the wiring harness along the upper part of the tranny and trace it back to the transfer case.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
im not 100% sure, but my 4x4 indicator light stopped working one day after having worked on the driverside front axle, and i noticed a switch screwed into the actuator assembly on the front axle and one of the wires was broke. I removed the skid plate on the axle and took the switch out and tried fixing it, but it was shot. I have to get a new one and im pretty sure this is the switch for the indicator light activation. Wires broke and mine stopped working.....its a ball type switch, so yours may be stuck. try tapping on the switch maybe the ball switch will loosen up and shut off the switch.?!?!>!?!>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.