Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a lot of you read, I killed my 3.2 playing in the mud. Towing it back, the auto tranny started spewing fluid out of the breathers, after about 25 miles. I then got smart and unhooked the driveshaft. I finally got the motor replaced, but now the tranny won't shift past 1st gear, manually or automatically. The engine shop guys had it out of the truck, but i don't know for what reason. They also pulled the plan, and said it was clean, there were no bits and pieaces. It moves quickly, and shifts fine into park, neutral, and any of the drive positions, but it won't get out of 1st. Using the winter mode button will put it in third, but it kind of shutters taking off. I don't know if this is normal. I've tried pulling the fuse to the trans computer, but it didn't affect it. Dunno if i pulled the right fuse though. It is labled as 'A/T cont Brake'. A kind soul loaned me their code reader, but i'm not getting anything out of it, nor are any lights flashing. Please help.

Adam

·
Registered
591 Posts
It's hard to say what's up with that tranny- but not being able to shift it manually w/ the TCM unplugged sounds like a mechanical issue as opposed to electronic. ALthough you say it will start out in 3rd in winter mode?? Towing this type of AT with the wheels on the ground is a bad thing. Part of the planetaries are spinning, but you don't have proper ATF flow w/out the pump running (need the engine running for that). I hate it that isuzu took away the T-case "Neutral" setting that would have eliminated all of this. You may have plugged/burned up something in that 25 miles. I think Saturn & Honda are the only ones that have an auto tranny that you can tow on the ground w/ no problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.