Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
700r4 from a 2.8 blazer (2wd from camaros as well) would work and no electronic control needed. You may need a manual ECM for your motor at that point. Also you'd need to find a tcase with a pass side drop (241c from a late 80's early 90's full size chevy may work with GM factory adapters).

You could technically use an a340, using the late model axiom/rodeo bellhousing. Could manually control it with a RA Designs shifter, or work out a way to use an existing TCM. It would be some frankenstein'ing but it could be done.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Good point. The 60* 700r4 is not that much weaker than the 90* pattern version they put behind the 4.3, 5.0, and 5.7. They can be built to handle whatever you want to throw at it.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
The tcase to the 4L30 is married, although it's not integrated like the MUA5. A custom adapter would need to be made. The 27 spline output shaft does slide right into the zu case, confirmed myself. The tailshaft/output cover on my 2wd 700r4 and the adapter for the zu case are both cast aluminum, which is a little out of my league as far as metals gluing. There was a vehicross guy that put an LS + 700r4/4L60 to zu case with a custom tcase adapter, so it has been done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts