Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
the guy i bought it from says its for a rodeo/passport so i am assuming it is, i know assumtions are bad things i am unsure how to tell for sure though.

and thank you so much for all your help, im going to go fix the wiring this morning, i'll let you know how it goes

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
ok i made the patch cable way to long but its all made and ready for them to install, i took the old plug out of the old trans so i could make a plug and play type cable for them, hopefully ill get a call in a day or two telling me its got its trans installed and the rebuilt engine done.. ill let ya know ..... fingers crossed....

thank you a ton Buster

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
well after 4 months the engine is rebuilt and the new trans is installed, i just picked it up today..... so far on the way home i am getting a p1860 which is tcc solinoid, so i wonder if the ground they did isnt working or something from where i made the harness??? also on the way home the whole pass side of the car is now covered in trans fluid, do yall think it could have been over filled and is blowing out the excess or what? also after the 30 mile trip home when i came to a stop getting off the highway it was hesitent going into 2nd like i was letting the clutch out slowly on a stright drive.. any help figuing out what i need to do would be wonderful, and thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
oh lso the new trans seems to be missing a plate right at the front bottom, almost like a inspection cover or something i can see the flywheel from under it through this big area, i was wondering what the plate is called so i can find one to put on it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
buster please tell me your out here somewhere lol.... oh by the way i was going to take it for a short drive downt he street today to see if i could figure out where the trans fluid was comming from, but it wouldnt hardly go into gear today like its way low on fluid, so tomorrow or monday i hope to check its fluid level, i have to figure this leak out i cant get my hand up on top of the ledge of the pan on the pass side as the front drive shaft and exaust is in the way so i am going to have to drop the front drive shaft to check and make sure there are no missing anything on that side i guess. i honestly am at a loss as to where its comming from but i will find it i have to, the starter is makeing a clank npoise like i am holding the starter on while its running for a split second after it starts as well which is new, not sure if it is doing something wrong or if its cause that bottomplate in the front is not there so its just loud when it wasnt before????

·
Registered
11,723 Posts
The 3-4 Accumulator is on the RH (passenger) side of the transmission Overdrive section case. If the snap ring that holds the cover in place comes loose ATF will blow out of the transmission at the 3-4 upshift. If you drive the truck with low ATF you will destroy the transmission.
Automotive tire Camera lens Camera accessory Cameras & optics Rim

You will have to make a bellhousing inspection plate or get one at the junk yard.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
thanks, that cover seems intact, but i will try to get up under there later today or tomorrow and find out for sure,

and yes as soon as i saw it didnt want to engage into gear i turned it off, no way i will even try to put it in gear again untill i check its level. the thing is so far i have not found any obvious place its leaking from,

i will check and make sure all the bolts are tight aswell while im under there for the drain and fill and the pans, i just dont know what else it could be from, i will also double check that 3-4 accumulator..

i also found i need to readjust the gear shift where they put it in slightly out , like i cant shift into 1st(L) and the back up and drive are slightly out of place, it shouldnt be a big adjustment its close to in place.

any clue on that sound that sounds like im engaging the starter after its running when it first starts? its only for a split sec but its deff a new sound, and all new sounds are bad sounds haha

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
well, i got under him this evening, refilled his trans, the pan bolts were a little loose but not much so i tightened them a little, the snap ring is intact on the side like you told me to check, so i went to start him and do some checking , low and behold he will not start now, acts like the starter is dead, i litterly have started him 4 or 5 times total since ive had that engine rebuilt, ill try tomorrow to take a closer look at that and see if its the starter or if a wire came loose or what ever. so looks like i have to figure this out to finish working on the tranny, i will update as soon as i am able

·
Registered
11,723 Posts
well, i got under him this evening, refilled his trans, the pan bolts were a little loose but not much so i tightened them a little, the snap ring is intact on the side like you told me to check, so i went to start him and do some checking , low and behold he will not start now, acts like the starter is dead, i litterly have started him 4 or 5 times total since ive had that engine rebuilt, ill try tomorrow to take a closer look at that and see if its the starter or if a wire came loose or what ever. so looks like i have to figure this out to finish working on the tranny, i will update as soon as i am able
If the engine won't crank check the adjustment of the transmission Range Mode Switch (RMS) and the shifter linkage.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts