Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get a remote oil filter adapter? I can't find anything for a m26x1.5 filter. The NAPA Gold 1809 filters I use hit the front drive shaft and get dented, worried it might rip it open.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I first read this and thought it would be a simple 20 second google search and I would have a dozen sites... Yeah no. You weren't kidding.

That said, I did find this:

Via:

Seems you aren't the only one with that issue. Yet they seem to be the only company making adapters. Of course they don't list a price, but someone estimated around $100, but I have absolutely no concrete information in that regard.

Hope this helps though, or at least guides you on the right path. I'll keep looking...

·
Super Moderator
2,670 Posts
Does anyone know where to get a remote oil filter adapter? I can't find anything for a m26x1.5 filter. The NAPA Gold 1809 filters I use hit the front drive shaft and get dented, worried it might rip it open.
You are using a filter that is too tall.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've been able to buy OEM oil filters for the gas burners... maybe you can do the same for the diesel.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I first read this and thought it would be a simple 20 second google search and I would have a dozen sites... Yeah no. You weren't kidding.

That said, I did find this:

Via:

Seems you aren't the only one with that issue. Yet they seem to be the only company making adapters. Of course they don't list a price, but someone estimated around $100, but I have absolutely no concrete information in that regard.

Hope this helps though, or at least guides you on the right path. I'll keep looking...
Going to check them out! Thanks for the help!

In the US I can only find tall oil filters. I'd rather just buy the NAPA one in the US vs some brand I've never heard of and pay 50.00 for it. Think I might add in an oil cooler too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts