Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for front axle 10 bolt gears...Isuzu 4.77, not Dana.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
You didn't buy a set of 4.77's for the front and get the same ones I got did you? :roll:

If you do a search on car-part search for 99 amigo carrier. it will give you the option of searching for the 4.77's and they will be compatable with your 10 bolt. It's only the first few months of 98 that they used the oddball Dana gears.

Joe

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I had the right gears as I had Jerry confirm the VIN and the application. Still, they turned out to be Dana's and too small. Now my truck is in pieces and I'm frantically looking for right gears. Are you pretty sure the 99's will match up? How can I be sure? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I am positive that anything other than 98 gears will work. I ran into the same problem with the front ARB install. In fact, the third I have in mine now came out of a 89 Trooper.

If you will do a search for 99 amigo front carrier it will give you an option of looking for the 4.77's. Any of those will work.

Just don't search for the 98 gearset.

Also have the yard count the teeth before they ship it. 43/9 is what you want.

Joe

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Oh and the front third won't work for a rear third. Different shaped housing. The front third has a flat spot on the side of it. Look under your truck.

The rear 10 bolt third is round.

Joe

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys...I found and ordered a front chunk this morning from an '89 Trooper RS. Had the teeth counted and ID # verified. Hopefully will be up and going later this week.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something".

:lol: How true.

Jim

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Hey Joe can you use the gears out of a front 10 bolt carrier and put them in a rear 10 bolt carrier. Thanks.
I can't say on that one. I'd have to check on the rotation of the gears and the sizes of the ring gears and the pinion dia.

I'd think no, but let me see what I can find out.

Joe

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
He may have been asking about the other 4.77, the normal ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.