Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the 3rd annual mid Uwharrie run on Beasley Knob OHV, Ga.

10.6 miles of trails ranging from difficult to most difficult.

Come and enjoy the cool weather of the GA mountains during the summer.

Trail fee $5 bucks per day.

Please insure you have the proper safety/recovery gear for/on your vehicle and yourself/passengers.

Camping at Trackrock Campgrounds:
http://www.trackrock.com/

Or at any of the nearby hotels.

Alternative camping at Lake Winfield Scott. Reserved camping for $12 per night.

For the real outdoors-man, you can camp at the OHV for the 5 bucks you pay to ride the trails per day... in other words... play like your a bear in the woods type of camping.

Map of the area:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=blairsvil ... 559326&z=7

Trail map:

Attendees:
JesseScott
Jerry
Leland
Van
2002Trooper4me
88bronzetrooper
Ruination
Cronk
RamAirZ
Trooperchris
N law
gatrooper
Paintchip
Hatfield

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Looking forward to this, Van. 8)

Since Tabitha and I will be leaving on the 10th for another trip, I'll probably just drive up a couple of days to visit and wheel. Instead of camping this year, I'll stay at the house since we aren't too far from Beasley Knob.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
The forest services has Beasily knob under evaluation. Its part of their overall trail study in GA.

I would not be worried like Tellico.

I can try and dig up some stuff I heard from Southern earlier this year.
You SC and GA boys might want to start going to those FS and SFWD meetings

damn link won't fit in the tag...copy the whole thing:::::

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsint ... st-%20Home

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Ruination said:
Those trails broke my truck. :shock: :lol:
I do believe it was your generous use of the skinny pedal that broke your truck...

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I hope to make the trip again this year. I was trying to arrange it so I would have the kid for this week and mix it in with a trip to my Dad's house but, shocker, the Ex put her foot down and no wheeling for the kiddo.

I will see what I can do to make this happen. It may be my only vacation of the summer so I might try to hit Uwharrie on the way down Sunday/Monday, then hit Dad's Tuesday till Thursday and then head to Beasley... Sounds like a plan to me!

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
2002trooper4me said:
Ruination said:
Those trails broke my truck. :shock: :lol:
I do believe it was your generous use of the skinny pedal that broke your truck...
Did I have much choice? :lol: Had a fun time doing it.

I seriously want to go this year, but I think I will stay committed to the ECORS race. I could send someone in the truck in my place though.

Million Dollar question -- Will there be shrimp this year??

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Just throwing this out there. I'm game for any weekend this summer in case we want to try to schedule around ECORS races.

Oh, and shrimp was great last year. I bet if several of us brought stuff for a shrimp feast we could do that again. I can bring some shrimp, though I can't commit to bringing as much as was donated last year. So, if others brought some, and some other fixings, we could do the shrimp feast again.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I say everything make a trip to Spartanburg for the ECORS race for the 7th if we move Beasley. cmawwwn!

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I should be able to make this run. How are the trails? And damn Lorenzo, I haven't heard from you in forever!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
RamAirZ said:
I should be able to make this run. How are the trails? And damn Lorenzo, I haven't heard from you in forever!
The trails are almost all clay. When they are dry there is amazing traction. When they are wet... Generous use of the skinny pedal is manditory! We had a blast last year Saturday morning after the rains friday night.

This is a great run for everyone. There aren't many dangers of tearing your truck up and body damage risk is low (as long as you stay on the trail).

And I second your comment about Lorenzo!! Where have you been hiding man?

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
gotcha, what kinda obstacles are there? Hill climbs and such? Sounds like fun!

1 - 20 of 153 Posts