Isuzu SUV Forum banner

3d printing

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Mayor_West 
#1 ·
anyone tried to make parts for 3d printing? i need to make the sliding side windows locks of a isuzu trooper 1986 and dont have even a picture on internet t.t

#2 ·
I did a gear for a Chevy Blazer power tailgate window once. I'm a complete novice and did it for my own truck, though it did turn out well and worked.
Of course, pictures are helpful if not the actual piece. It's a cool idea, especially for smaller Items.

#3 ·
I have a metrology service company (Sentinel 3D Scanning) focused on 3D scanning, inspection, and reverse engineering. In my free time, I've reverse engineered a couple interior parts for my 1991 Isuzu Trooper and have had them 3D printed. The two parts I've done so far are the plastic caps that hold down the carpet and visor clips. I'm currently working on designing a kit with a custom grill and the necessary parts to convert rectangular headlights into universal 7" round headlights. The plan is to eventually print more of these and put them up on Ebay so that others can have access to these parts.
Hat Cap Fedora Helmet Costume hat
Toy Cone Rocket Auto part Font
Rectangle Font Auto part Slope Automotive exterior

#5 ·
Someone here on the Planet made a list (a few years ago perhaps?) of all the parts that would be cool to 3D print. It's definitely the way to go for the hard to find plastic parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.