Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure one of you has done this, but I didn't find it in my searches.I just put a 285/75-16 spare on & could not access the rear door key. After looking at possible solutions I decided to turn the spare tire rack upside down to offset the wheel farther to the left. I had to notch for the windshield wiper arm but it looks like a winner. The tire hits the corner of the bumper step, but I'll either trim the bumper cover or let it sit there. I did have to elongate the holes slightly, but after bolting it down the tire barely contacts the bumper, I believe it's a non issue.

Clears the key & handle very well

·
Registered
82 Posts
does the mounting hole pattern on the rear door still match up when you turn the spare rack upside down or 90 degrees? I want to do the same thing to fit my new 33"s and currently have a smaller tire mounted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Upside down the top right & bottom left holes line up. The other two are about a half hole off. I drilled them all slightly bigger & slotted two holes slightly.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am having the same issue, and was trying to figure out a solution, thanks for sharing this simple mod!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts