Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The labor guide says 7.1 hours to replace all 4 cams and adjust the valves. I have 3 hours to replace all 4 cam gear pins or walk 15 miles home. I will post results after 9 pm while driving or walking. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Good luck! I had to re-time my engine once and it took me 2 hours to do everything.
I removed all the pulleys and timing belt covers, removed the belt, tensioner, and aligned the cams.

I had enough time to take a shower and make it to work in the morning. :D

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
BroncoDave2163 said:
The labor guide says 7.1 hours to replace all 4 cams and adjust the valves. I have 3 hours to replace all 4 cam gear pins or walk 15 miles home. I will post results after 9 pm while driving or walking. Wish me luck.
Did you make it ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its done. I drove it home and it took me 5 hours to change all 4 pins. Kudos to Buster28 for calling it. All 4 pins were sheared off like he said. The guy with the keys to the shop is a friend of mine and stayed to get caught up on some work himself. It is still throwing P0300 and P0401 (random misfire and EGR valve). I will deal with them later. Thanks Buster28. My year long headache is over. The rest should be easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts