Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a number of threads on here and there are two different interpretations on what a P0300 is.

1. Leaky Fuel Pressure Regulator
2. Intake Manifold Gasket

Does anyone know for sure which one it is? Could either condition throw this code? I want to make sure before I order the parts. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
It seems like today is the day of leaky intake manifold gaskets (IMG) Do a search here, but a can of carb cleaner sprayed around the intake will help to confirm the diagnosis. The good news is that the parts are $20 each. The bad news is that you'll spend part of an afternoon replacing them.

Now, that P0300 code is technically a misfire code. What spark plugs are in it? If they aren't the factory plugs, that might be the problem. Late model Isuzus use the spark plugs as a sensor, and they are very sensitive to the type of plug used.

-Tad

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Intake manafold gasket:

.. but the good news is if your the second owner and under 60k the dealer will replace it for free. Or if you are the 1st owner and under 120k the dealer will replace it for free.

-Ryan

if you check out the FAQ link below there are write ups on how to replace both.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.