Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Isuzu Trooper S, ARB bull bar, Warn winch, custom forged 17" Centerline wheels, BFGs, RS9000s.
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondered if any of you Trooper owners with the 3.5 have found a source for and/or installed a performance exhaust system? Also, the same question for the Alpine Supercharger sold by Tone Monday?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think there is one Trooper owner (Pinoy99 at the wire) who has the PV muffler. A few VX owners do have them and I think it was dyno'd at like 15-20HP gain over the stock muffler which is impressive. I think Tone sells the PV muffler also. The SC adds something like 50hp but if you put a higher psi pulley, it can make more. Check out the VX website as a few over there have both the muffler and SC.

Good Luck,
Con

·
Registered
2000 Isuzu Trooper S, ARB bull bar, Warn winch, custom forged 17" Centerline wheels, BFGs, RS9000s.
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about having a dual exhaust system fabricated, but I don't know of anyone who has tried this. I think the computer can handle it, but I'm not sure if low end torque would be helped or hindered. Also, it'd be interesting to get some real world info on long term supercharger use i. e., durability of SC, wear effect on engine, boost effect before 3500 RPM, etc. I also wondered about altering boost level, which you answered nicely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.