Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am serisouly thinking of either a diesel or a 3.4

i dont know witch i want.. and im trying to find the info edmc had on the transfer of the 3.4 and would greatly be interested in getting a copy of it.

dunlap

·
Registered
7,076 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a very worn out 2,8l v6 with the 5 speed.

i was looking at diesel more, i was thinking cause i can get diesel a little easier and will go farther money wise. but i also want more power as i know that the 2.8l is severly under powered as it sits, with no upgrades available..

dunlap

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Well even if you can get a Diesel cheap the rest of the swap wont be.

The 3.4L is just a bored and stroked 2.8L so it bolts right up to everything already on your truck.

I have a 3.1L which is just a stroked 2.8L and I am very happy with the power.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Geoff's article has a lot of good info in it, be sure to check it out.

What I have collected contains some info which is specific to the eccentricities of swapping into an Isuzu.

If you'll drop me a line via P.M. I'd be happy to forward the files to you.

Be sure to include e-mail address.

BTW I expect you'd spend a ton more $$$ swapping in a diesel than a 3.4. The basic bolt-up on the diesel is not extremely complicated, but once she's in the chassis there are a myriad of things requiring adaptation, made more complicated by the switch from Right-Hand-Drive to Left.

I'd love to have a diesel but will probably never have the time to do that kind of swap justice. Probably the best way to undertake that would be to get one of those Half-Cuts from Japan, that way you'd have pretty much all the big and little bits you'd need for the swap.

What I'm really lusting for is a Rodeo D-Max turbodiesel pickup, 30 mpg in a 4X4 with tow rating of around 5,000 lb would be the perfect rig for my needs. Too bad they don't sell 'em here in the States!!!! :x

Cheers.........ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.