Isuzu SUV Forum banner
201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
1990 trooper 2, 76 Datsun 620
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
I’m tasked with trying to figure out where/how to attach the lift brackets I have on hand, where the accessories will bolt to, and which head is left or right...... notice each head has four holes on one side and three on the other, one of which is a coolant sensor hole.
I’d like to rebuild or just replace the power steering pump but can’t get the pulley to break loose.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Do you have any pics of a 3500 to see where its lifting points are located? That might help.

When I did the PS pump on my "3.2 Stroker" build, I went to Autozone and rented their pulley removal/reinstall tool set. Worked like a charm. Don't think you can do the job without the special tools, with them it's a cinch.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
I chose to use the 3.4 timing cover because it actually holds a sensor that since close to the crank. Besides the timing mark bracket would not come off, it has those tamper proof torx bit with the dowel in the middle. Instantly snapped the only bit I had that fit. It was a sign.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
Do you have any pics of a 3500 to see where its lifting points are located? That might help.

When I did the PS pump on my "3.2 Stroker" build, I went to Autozone and rented their pulley removal/reinstall tool set. Worked like a charm. Don't think you can do the job without the special tools, with them it's a cinch.
Great idea on the tools, I thought I could just impact that Allen key to remove the pulley but I’ll go get the right tool.
I see they have a slightly different shaped bracket, ones up front on the passenger side head, one in the driver rear head. There’s a set on eBay for about $30 but I may be ableto make something at our shop. Another reason cylinder head orientation is probably critical.....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Using a straight edge and some feeler gauges I was able to determine my piston to deck clearance is about .008-.010”..... making my .051” head gaskets perfect. Sure it’s not the most accurate but if I can’t shove anything over .010” between the deck and straight edge I’m calling it good!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
I initially thought I shouldn’t have painted the LIM gold because it’s possibly “too much” gold, but after all the accessories cover most of the heads and timing cover up, all you’ll see is the black valve covers, the black plenum, a hint of heads, and some of the lower intake. It should all be ok.
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

201 - 210 of 210 Posts