Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
You'll want to make sure you leave enough head room to get the O2 sensors in and out. I assume you'd have that much head room anyway since the cat is getting scorching hot.

FYI, the collector is a perfect fit for welding on a 2.5" pipe, so you can just use a 2.5" pipe up to a standard CAT without a Y-pipe at all. That's what I did.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I believe the stock 3400 makes like 180 I can’t remember. I’m sure the stock 3500 make 200 minimum. I think the 3.4 made 160? I have heard the 3.4 with 3400 heads can do about 190 or so on a mild build, on some 3.4’s with 3500 were expecting 250-300, depending on how wild the build. It’s one hell of a v6. Gm is doing amazing things with the 60 degree these days. There’s a version of the equinox that has a 3.6L, and it makes 285hp NA, but it’s VVT. The rest of the VVT is impressive as well, such as the 3500 VVT, and the 3.9L (impala?)....
Thanks, I was just curious because I see it mentioned a lot but never knew. Seems like a pretty good swap for the first gen Troopers.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I feel like a throw out bearing going bad is one of the most common issues with a clutch. It's not terrible to get out if I remember correctly. I think I tried grease and something dumb like wet paper towel and couldn't get it, so I just used a seal puller or screw driver or something and snagged it out of there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts