Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was woundering if anyone has done a dual exhaust? i went to minikee and they told me it was illegal but i really dont care cause in maine no one will know any better.... :D. well be for i go through with it i just want to know if anyones done it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
PierceBolduc said:
hey i was woundering if anyone has done a dual exhaust? i went to minikee and they told me it was illegal but i really dont care cause in maine no one will know any better.... :D. well be for i go through with it i just want to know if anyones done it.
As long as you keep the cats in place and functioning, it isn't a big deal.

However, it is cosmetic only. There is no performance gain to be made. So you will be spending a lot of money just to have a couple of pipes sticking out somewhere, instead of only one.

And, if you do actually use this truck to go off road at all, you are best off just slightly modifiying your stock exhaust so that it exits in a location where it won't get crushed to easily.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about sound... :D would i get any? i want to make it sound sweet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dual exhaust alone isn't going to change the sound much at all.

Changing how it is muffled will. If you want better sound, just weld in a Flowmaster and be done with it.

If you want performance, buy a muffler that actually flows air (which a Flowmaster does not).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.