Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys whats going on ive got a 1993 rodeo v6 4wd 5speed i ended up pulling the motor to redo the heads and some other stuff it turned in to a whole project and it recently came to a hault due to a broken head bolt way way down in the block ive got a machine shop that says they can get it out but they want all the pistons and crank and all that good stuff out so im just gonna go ahead and rebuild. This is my favorite rodeo ive had so far i was thinkin while it was apart to get some more hp out of it :D any suggestions?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a good idea but I was thinking more in the realm of internal engine parts ps how much is a snorkel going 4 anyway?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has nothing to do with the engine but having the flywheel lightened is a mod easily done at this time

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
If the pistons are out see if there is a bit of room to hone the cylinders and install total seal piston rings. Also check the deck surface and heads for flatness. A small cut on these surfaces will increase compression a bit and improve quench. Gasket seal will also improve. If you want to take the valves out then you can take a die grinder and clean up the casting flash in the ports and be sure all the oil drain back areas are clean from flash. You can do the same to the intake manifold. Also be sure the port alignmnet between the intake and heads is bang on.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are some awsome ideas guys thanku so much

·
Registered
373 Posts
95 DOHC heads will give you the best more add, port your exhaust manifolds. punch out your cat and restrictor...........for and easy 48hp or so..lighten your flywheel too

·
Registered
373 Posts
95 DOHC heads will give you the best more add, port your exhaust manifolds. punch out your cat and restrictor...........for and easy 48hp or so..lighten your flywheel too

·
Registered
373 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dang thats a good idea I'll have to try and find some sometime is there anything I have to change anything to make those heads fit?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didnt know I could swap those heads on that block lol

·
Registered
373 Posts
****. that's for a trooper ! I just saw ya have the Ro..........I will take a look and see if there is a year of head that will give yours the extra hp

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hahaha its cool man thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
being an engine there is always shaving heads to up compression which translates into more hp...but the exhaust mods will definitely give ya more definatly

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thats just awesome man I love the build thread thats what I'm goin to do as soon as I finish my 99 3.5 swap haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Replace your lifters with brand new clean ones, and makes sure the rest of the valve train is within spec so you won't end up part of the Isuzu "click", I mean clique. It's hard to feel good about your rig when it sounds like a hoopty.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts