Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I start my car the first time or couple of times I turn the key I just get a click. Then on the second or third it turns over and starts. It almost seems like the baterry is dead at first. I checked the conections and it seemed fine also battery is fully charged. Any ideas? Its a 93 rodeo 3.2 liter. Once its going it runs great until today shifting from drive to reverse it just cut out the same thing happened triing to start it then it started and was fine for my drive home (15 minutes) I dont know if the 2 things are related? Is this normal? Any info helps thank you.

Sorry for spelling done from a droid.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
First i'd double check the voltage of the battery, and recheck the connections just to be certain. If all checks out okay it's most likely the starter solenoid. You can replace just the solenoid and not the whole starter.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
jesseb said:
IS this a time bomb something that will just go out while driving or will it just not start one day?
YOU NEED NEW STARTER SOL, CONTACTS , VERY COMMON , DEPENDIGN ON WHERE YOU GET THEM 7.50 TO 12.00 A SET , NO NEED FOR A NEW STARTER , VERY RARE THESE STARTERS DIE, THE CONTACTS DO WEAR OUT. IF YOU CAINT FIND THEM I HAVE THEM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts