Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed my swap from 2wd to 4wd on my 01 trooper. All I can say is, that was the easiest swap I've ever done!!! If your thinking about doing the swap DO IT!!. With troopers is isnt easier to just buy an 4wd trooper like you normaly hear. Everything is already on the frame, mounts, captive nuts ect.... All you do is unbolt the 2wd adapter from the trans and bolt in a t-case in its place, super easy!!
In my case I used a manual t-case from a 97 trooper, and a front drive shaft from a 95 trooper, the front diff came from a 99 trooper. I did have to buy a new yoke for the rear drive shaft, I used one from a 95 trooper front D/S and slipped it onto my rear D/S to match the 95 t-case. If you do this swap and use a 98-up front axle with 4.30's you will need to also buy a 4 bolt flange for the front diff. 98-up troopers use a 6 bolt flange at the diff. All in I'm at just under $500 to swap from 2wd to 4wd. I am diapointed in the low range of the 95 t-case, I guess I got used to my 89 with the tera's in it, I forgot how much difference it makes!!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Nice!

The 2nd gen Rodeos are easy too. I paid right at $600 for everything, so you got me beat. :wink:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sure beats going out and buying a new truck doesnt it!!! I should have done it earlier!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Yeah no kidding. I really don't know why I did it, boredom I guess. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts