Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have 3 troopers 96, 97, and 2002. all of the rear doors squeak while driving down crappy roads. Is there an adjustment or some other method to eliminate this? It drives me nuts.

Also, in all 3 trucks, the rear lock often doesn't come all the way up to unlock when pressing the unlock button on the door. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks
G

· Registered
2,414 Posts
I think the locks can be lubricated. I'm dealing with that on the back and one of the rear passenger doors, just haven't gotten around to fixing it.

I know what you mean about the rear doors. I'm very interested if you find a fix. I was thinking it was the panels bouncing around since they are only held in with those plastic clips. I used to think it was the seats, but having driven around without the back seats, or with them weighted down, I'm pretty sure it's the rear doors. Let us know what you figure out.

Side note, I tried to lubricate the hinges on my back doors, and that didn't seem to do anything with respect to them squeaking a little when I opened them.

· Registered
194 Posts
Ditto, my back door squeaks too. It seems to be coming from the larger door. I removed the inside panel to install a indoor latch access. while it was open, I lubed all the linkage to fix the sticky lock.
It still squeaks and after about 3 weeks the lock doesn't open when I push the interior button again.
Mike

· Registered
446 Posts
Try this..... The hinges are not the issue... at least on mine is wasnt. The squeaking was coming from those door guides at the top of the doors. I took some sil glide (I think it was called) and coated both the triangular shaped guide on the body and the part on the door that slides into it. I also put a light coat on the plate on the bottom of the door frame that the door rests on. The door haven't squeaked since and I haven't touched it in a couple years now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts