Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to remove the roof rack on a 2nd gen Rodeo? i don't see any screws from up top like my old 02 chevy blazer...are they under? meaning i have to take down the headliner to see them?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
It should only be four bolts on each side. At the front and end of the rack, there is a trim panel that slides off of the rack. From there you can see the bolts.

The panel/cover is at each end of the rack where it starts curving.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dae said:
It should only be four bolts on each side. At the front and end of the rack, there is a trim panel that slides off of the rack. From there you can see the bolts.

The panel/cover is at each end of the rack where it starts curving.
Thanks Dae I'll check it out. Which way do the trim covers slide off? They are looking kinda faded and I need to repaint them.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I haven't messed with it in a while. But IIRC, you just slide them the opposite way from the rack.
Either that, or slide/pry it off the tabs which is hard to see, cause they're on the inside bottom mount for the cover.
When you wiggle the cover you should be able tell how it comes off.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
You just need a small straight slot to pop the panel loose, be careful, it will break easily. Then a 10 mm socket will unbolt the rack. There are 8 bolts total.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts