Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, after doing the upgrade on my Titan I decided to hook up with the guy who I purchased them from and do the Rodeo.

I did the lower door lights, dome light, map lights, cargo light, and license plate lights. I ordered the reverse lights, but I ordered the wrong bulb type so I'll have to update that later.

This guy is very reasonable on pricing and if anyone is interested i'll post his info. The pricing was great. $39 shipped without the reverse lights.

On to the before and after pictures! Mind you, the pictures really don't do how bright these are in comparison to the oem bulbs justice in any way, shape or form. The only one that REALLY shows the difference is the license plate picture. That's the true difference between the bulbs in every location.

Cargo Light:

Dome Light:

Lower door light:

Map Lights:

License plate lights:

Let me know if anyone is interested, and i'll hook you up with this guys info. Very reasonable prices, and killer customer service.

I'll post up before/afters of the reverse lights once I order the correct bulb type.

·
Registered
21 Posts
looks hella clean! i have all LEDs in mine and i get a block of them for the rear trunck one and a strip for the LN Plate. looks clean send me a PM i'll take a look at his stuff!!!! clean truck!

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
See, I knew you were jealous of mine after I did all mine in LED. I didnt do the plate lights though, might eventually. I still have the rave party thing going on with my passenger door light. I think the bulb is bad since I pulled it out and reseated it but it still blinks. Eventually I'll replace it.

Been thinking of doing all my dash lights. Dont know if it would work though since I have to have the dimmer turned down slightly for the radio to change colors when the lights are turned on.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Gizmo42 said:
See, I knew you were jealous of mine after I did all mine in LED. I didnt do the plate lights though, might eventually. I still have the rave party thing going on with my passenger door light. I think the bulb is bad since I pulled it out and reseated it but it still blinks. Eventually I'll replace it.

Been thinking of doing all my dash lights. Dont know if it would work though since I have to have the dimmer turned down slightly for the radio to change colors when the lights are turned on.
Hey Giz you have a picture of your dashlight LED setup?

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Dont have LEDs in the dash yet. I do have glow gauges but I want to change the rest to led to brighten it up to match the glow gauges. Just dont know if the LEDs will work with my setup. The button and display lights on my stereo change color when the lights are turned on, but to make it work I have to have the dimmer for the dash lights turned down a little. Dont know if the LEDs will still work with that.

The LEDs I do have are the same was what Mike just did, except I didnt do the plate lights.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gizmo42 said:
Dont have LEDs in the dash yet. I do have glow gauges but I want to change the rest to led to brighten it up to match the glow gauges. Just dont know if the LEDs will work with my setup. The button and display lights on my stereo change color when the lights are turned on, but to make it work I have to have the dimmer for the dash lights turned down a little. Dont know if the LEDs will still work with that.

The LEDs I do have are the same was what Mike just did, except I didnt do the plate lights.
Except that mine don't cause seizures due to the strobing effect of his passenger door. I had to pinch the clamps down a bit before putting the bulb in to make it contact properly in the doors.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AZneonguy said:
Looks good.......

Can you post the info on where you got them and price wise how bad was it to do....

8) 8)
::edited price and contact info, JASON AT ALTITUDE IMPORTERS IS SELLING HIS BUSINESS AND WON'T BE FULFILLING ORDERS::

All in all, it took me maybe 15 minutes to do the entire setup. All covers pop off very easily either by hand or with a small flat screwdriver head to pop off them off. The only "issue" I had was doing the map lights as it's hard to wedge the bulb up in there and I had to squeeze the connector a bit before the bulb went in to make it snug. It's also a good time to clean the lenses of any dirt and bugs that may be in them. My door lenses were pretty bad from offroading.

Any of the wedge type bulbs were easy, but if one doesn't work the first time you put it in flip it 180 degrees and it worked fine.

I picked up my wife from work last night as she had to leave the Rodeo at home and when she opened the door to get in she did a double take and loved how bright it was compared to the old bulbs and how great it looked compared to the dingy yellow. She loved how it looks in the Titan and didn't know I was planning the same thing for the Rodeo afterward.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Can you get LED replacements for these lights at parts stores, like AdvanceAuto or AutoZone?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I put LEDs in my gauge cluster and the dimmer works fine with it. I also did my switch buttons, interior and license plate lights as well. You can find decently priced LEDs on ebay, but be careful because some LEDs are cheap quality and will start doing the "strobe effect" after a short time because they start to go bad. I believe it's because they're rated at 12v and even tho the battery is 12v, when the car is on I believe you're getting 14v or something like that. The good quality LEDs have built in resitors.

I bought some from this guy. He sells on ebay and is very reputable. Here's his site:
http://www.wardenjp.com/

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I like it! I've been wanting to change out the rest of my bulbs to LED's.

I did my guages, switches, dome light and courtesy step-lights a few years ago. I want to put them under the door handle (exterior) like those luxury cars.
So when I disarm my alarm or unlock the doors with the remote, the door handles will light up too. 8)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Dae said:

I did my guages, switches, dome light and courtesy step-lights a few years ago. I want to put them under the door handle (exterior) like those luxury cars.
So when I disarm my alarm or unlock the doors with the remote, the door handles will light up too. 8)
Hey Dae you and me both check this out looks interesting:
http://www.urban-neon-car-lights.com/ca ... le-lights/

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
TrooperBeast00 said:
Nice!!, maye when I get some extra cash i'll do it. I think it would be cheaper to make your own. But that is a nice plug and play option.
I wonder if they can all be hooked up to the stock wiring without messing things up?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I decided to redo all my LEDS with the ones that protetype got. They are wayy brighter than what I got originally.
"ArmaDen" Jason, from Altitudeimporters is really excellent to deal with.
He shipped everything the same day I paid via airmail. It took 2 days from CO to WA.
These LED's are really high quality ones, and cost less than what I got at autolumination and eBay.
They have Japanese characters on the packaging, so hopefully thats where they are made.
I think im going to order some for my vanity mirrors, so that they can match the rest of the interior bulbs.

Install tips...

You'll more than likely need to clamp up on the stock connectors.
The "festoon" stlye LED's dont fit properly, and can illuminate in a flickering epileptic seizure kind of way. Pretty annoying...
Its a good idea to use dielectric grease for the license plate LED's.
They only get power via two small LED legs, so the slightest corrosion may cause the flickering problem.
I had to wedge a paper clip for one of mine to stay lit properly. Bending the stock connectors dont work well in this case.

Map lights are a PITA! :evil:
I recommend that you move the mirror so that it faces the roof, so you can access the bulbs easily.
I tried to do it as it normally is and ended up breaking an electrical connector off of its mount.
Be VERY careful when clamping on the connectors.
If they get loose while your clamping it will come off of the mount and you'll have a hard time getting it back on.
Getting it back in is a PITA without removing the mirror.
I broke 2 of out 4, of the connector/terminal clean off of its supply wires and had to solder it back on.
It wasnt hard to solder on, but very tedious and unnecessary. Just want to save you the trouble. :lol:

If you order from Jason, these are what you need for the 2nd gen Rodeo.

168 (cargo light) x1
Item # 5SMDT10

3175 (dome light) x1
Item # 31m6SMDF

3022 (lower door lights) x2 (i think some models have 4?)
Item # 31m6SMDF

212-2 (map lights) x2
Item # 42m9SMDF

168 (license plate lights)x2
Item # 1.5WT10

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lmao, i thought i had problems with the map lights. yours sounds like a nightmare. i did pop off the power connector inside the map lights on one side, but it popped right back on. i only got the strobe light effect initially, but once i bent the connector to hold it tight it worked fine. i'm glad you liked the bulbs though. I was very impressed with the quality of Jasons product that he sells.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Looks good, I just might have to do this. I've always liked seeing them on peoples license plate lights.

·
Registered
218 Posts
TrooperBeast00 said:
Dae said:

I have this done on mine about 2 years ago and it still works from this same company.

·
Registered
877 Posts
pictures?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.