Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there is any simple fix for topping out the strut? I recently acquired a set of 31 1050 hankook rs 13 i believe for cheap, put them on my 98 rodeo and could not turn. i removed a little metal from inner fender wall and I lifted it with 98 trooper springs in the rear, and adjusting the torsion up front. I am good in the back of my truck, but i want to raise the front a little more, but the strut would be topped out. I would be happy with another 1.5" up front if at all possible.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
You should be able to get 5" lift out of cranking the front, but dont. You really dont want to go more then 3". With 3" of lift if you are still rubbing then you need to trim more fender. I have 32's with 3.75" backspace rims (stock are 5.5") and I dont rub except under full compression and I only rub on the plastic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, i was able to get 5 1/2" but i backed off 1 1/2". Its still a little stiff but no worse then my d.s.m. I'm not exactly sure what the back spacing on my wheel is,{as the wheels that i used were just laying around from an old chevy build} but the wheels stick out way further than the oem's. My fender looks similar to yours, i also cut off that "extra" bolt on the bottom of the fender. Has any one on here tried building some sort of coiled front suspension?
Sorry i did not see the write up on the main page about the drop lift. I guess I'm blind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts