Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! Looking for some advise, especially if you have first hand experience. Looking for some MT or some aggressive AT tires. This is not a daily and I will be using it for trail and some mud driving for fun. It's the old skinny vs fat tire story. My rig is a 1998 trooper that will be getting a 1 or 2 inch lift. Both sizes seem to cost about the same but there seems to be more options for the 265 size.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I love my 235/85r16, Very stiff sidewall.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
wPine said:
What width rims are you using? Thought about putting some on a set of 16" snowflakes, but am hesitant they may be too wide for that tire.

Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be mounting them on the stock 5 spoke wheels. They're either 7 or 8 inches wide.

·
Registered
130 Posts
gruff54 said:
wPine said:
What width rims are you using? Thought about putting some on a set of 16" snowflakes, but am hesitant they may be too wide for that tire.

Mike
I am running 16" snowflakes and the rims are almost too wide for the tires. I like the look of 265's more but I love my 235's

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
wPine said:
I am running 16" snowflakes and the rims are almost too wide for the tires. I like the look of 265's more but I love my 235's
Yeah, I wondered if the 16" snowflakes wouldn't be too wide for the 235's. Got any pics?

Mike

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here's just a random pic of my truck

Attachments

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Looks good! The rims don't appear to be too wide. I like 235's, too. The main drawback, imho, is their weight. What ply are you running? Used to see them in 8 or 10 ply, but it's been a right good while since I've seen an 8 ply.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts