Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that between rim/tire this is like 1/2" or 1" shorter then stock, but it's what I have avail to me.

How far off will my speedo be?

~psguardian

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
psguardian said:
I know that between rim/tire this is like 1/2" or 1" shorter then stock, but it's what I have avail to me.

How far off will my speedo be?

~psguardian
235/75/15 is stock on my 88 and on my 91. (Also stock on my 93 jimmy.)

You sure it isn't stock on yours ?

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has 245/75/16's on it right now (3 miss matched p rated & 1 miss matched LT). I thought 2nd gen Troopers came stock with 235/75/16's. Who knows my stock tire size?

~psguardian

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
psguardian said:
It has 245/75/16's on it right now (3 miss matched p rated & 1 miss matched LT). I thought 2nd gen Troopers came stock with 235/75/16's. Who knows my stock tire size?

~psguardian
It'll be in the door jam, plus IIRC 2nd gen Troops were all 245/75/16's, but yours has the 1st gen dome light which means it's an EARLY 2nd gen (ist year of the 2nd gens), so it may have rolled off the line with 1st gen tire and rims size as well...

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhh the door sticker... That's what I get for thinking ay work lol. I'll check there. I realized that white steed has NEW 235/75/15's (though they are 4 yrs old), these will be temp tires so I don't have to fork out more $$ to start driving her. Just want to see how off the speedo will be (gotta fix that for inspection I think)... Anyone know if obd1 is a dyno test at emissions center or just a plug n read?

~psguardian

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
psguardian said:
Ahhh the door sticker... That's what I get for thinking ay work lol. I'll check there. I realized that white steed has NEW 235/75/15's (though they are 4 yrs old), these will be temp tires so I don't have to fork out more $$ to start driving her. Just want to see how off the speedo will be (gotta fix that for inspection I think)... Anyone know if obd1 is a dyno test at emissions center or just a plug n read?

~psguardian
Dyno test here is WA, they let me do it even, didn't need a speedo because I just watched their screen. Plus, my CEL was even on :lol:

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mediamonkey11 said:
Dyno test here is WA, they let me do it even, didn't need a speedo because I just watched their screen. Plus, my CEL was even on :lol:
That is awesome lol. Here they normally jump in, but if the cel isn't on they may glaze over the speedo.

~psguardian

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Dunno, but check your grounds still. I'd also pull the dash cluster to check thwiring in behind, I'm not sure which way the trans wiring enters the cabin for the speedo...

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so my production date is DEC '91.

Stock tire size 245/70/16 on 16x7 rims. That means the 245/75/16's that are on it now will give me a slight advantage at DEQ (emissions testing) on the dyno lol. Then I can start hunting for good tires while I ride the little ones.

~psguardian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.