Isuzu SUV Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Hey Mike/Blane,
Melissa and I are down for the group site and will be camping in our zus.
Brayden and Amanda (raptorlined trooper) are down and will probably need a tent spot.
So 3 to 4 vehicles total, well get with nate or Blane with the cash.
Got a legendary Zu that will be making an appearance.;)

Reactions: TonkaToy
Discussion starter · #43 ·
Well, unfortunately bad news was confirmed this week. Blaine (aka Mr Dungee) will not be able to make it this trip. He is on deployment managing logistics for FEMA in Florida. In his assessment, what he is seeing on the ground is much worse than what the national news is reporting. He did say they gave him a nice 4x4 side-by-side with front and rear lockers to use for a yard cart. Also he sent me pics of the yard pet. It is an eight foot long gator they have named Bob.

Speak up if you are coming folks cause it is starting to look like a light turnout. Also, haven't heard one response about the group dinner. I need a head count so I know how much food to buy. Speak up!

Reactions: MrDunge
Dawne and I are going to be there Saturday after we stop off in Hickory NC to drop some parts off at the rental house. We have some exciting news!!!! so, we will be there with cash for the campsite...so please dont think we're bailing!!!! see ya'll in a few!!!

I'll confirm nights arrival and when I leave here soon.
Have so much going on with all my projects, and the house and the wife and the dog and the kids....
jeez.

I'll confirm nights arrival and when I leave here soon.
Have so much going on with all my projects, and the house and the wife and the dog and the kids....
jeez.

Jimminy Christmas... you're starting to sound like an old grumpy man...🖕 ( I think that's the finger... hard to see 🥃 )

We might be freezing starting Tuesday night... calling for a low of 35* :eek::sneaky:

Mike, you know I'll sneak over for some group dinner, just let me know how much and Friday or Saturday night?????

Anyone heard how Blaine is doing??

Like Mike said... looks to be a small turnout this year... 4-10 rigs???

PSST... I got stuff for sale:coffee:

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Mike, you know I'll sneak over for some group dinner, just let me know how much and Friday or Saturday night?????

Anyone heard how Blaine is doing??

Like Mike said... looks to be a small turnout this year... 4-10 rigs???

PSST... I got stuff for sale:coffee:
Hey Van,

You are always welcome. I think group dinner will be Saturday night. Nate and I are working on the details.

Blaine is doing well, but frustrated that he is going to miss this trip.

Not sure of the head count but I am reaching out to a few of our quieter members to see if they are coming.

Discussion starter · #48 · (Edited)
Less than a week to go folks. Here is who I have camping at the group site. Please let me know if you are planning to join us so I can add you to the list.

Mike & kids (Tonkatoy)
Smitty
Nate & Wanda (Natestruck)
John (Code Elegance) paid
Ron & Dawn (Lowzone)
Lorenzo
Alex & Melisa (Pretzel)
Braden & Amanda
Peter & Amanda & 5000 dogs (Ditchdoc)
JP & 20 more dogs

There is still plenty of room at the group site if anyone else is thinking about joining us. Just let me know.

LET'S GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY!!!

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Smitty and I are loading up the truck, trailer, Heep and Trooper. Once again I will be towing his Heep and he will drive my Trooper since the Heep can barely get up to 55 on flat ground. With the 33's it is gutless. :ROFLMAO: He is already talking about a V8 swap to solve his woes.

Looks like somewhere around 20-25 for the group dinner. Not many have responded, but that is my best guess. With that being said I am waiting till we get down there to buy food. Thinking about making Chili given the forecast. I am sure glad it is supposed to be dry, because it sure is going to be cold!

I am bringing a pile of firewood, I know Nate is also. I certainly don't plan on being cold!

We are planning to leave in the morning and arrive early afternoon if all goes well. Safe Travels everyone!!

Got here early and the nice people opened the gate for me. I was really surprised at the amount of dust given the rain we had. Site B is in nice shape, though. Lots of acorns. 😝

I'm trying to get my lilly pads all in one pond and try and stop out tomorrow (saturday) at least to say hi and chill for a minute.

Daniel is different every time I am out there. A few months ago the first ledge was easy and the second ledge you are ALMOST guaranteed passenger quarter damage.
made it passed both ledges fine, but trooper tree took a bite out of my drivers side rear door as well as alex's who bought bigpoppas old rodeo lol. body damage sucks, but the jeepers out there saying what beasts our little isuzus were was pretty neat !!

Reactions: paulevans76
Discussion starter · #57 ·
We had a great time. I failed to take many pictures, but will try to post the ones I took later. No damage this trip for us. I think my gas tank took a hit at some point because my slow leak has gotten worse. lol Guess I will actually have to fix it now. Thanks to all who came out. It was great to see everyone again.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.