Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*EDIT The private property we were hoping to camp on is going to be occupied by another large group. We decided to pass and stay at the Group camp instead.

Let's go wheeling!! The fall Uwharrie trip should be great. The bulk of us will be camping at Badin Lake Group camp Site B. More info to follow. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. The spring trip was epic and with a little framework, went off well. Plenty of wheeling time, and everyone had a great time with little drama except those who camped over at Arrowhead... Sorry Ron.

Stay tuned, more info to follow!

·
Registered
Bone stock 1989 Trooper S 2.8.
103 Posts
You know me, I’m in. As long as I can get sun for my solar panels, I’m good. 😀

·
Registered
586 Posts
Ill be there you know this maannnnnnnnnnnn

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is great! Ah, just a question... Where is this new location? Like is it just up the road on a ranch or business property? I bring my pooch and normally have power from an outlet in the SLX. Will this be possible still?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
In an effort to prevent confusion and to allow plenty of notice, we set the dates for the Fall trip already!

Mark your calendars now!! More to follow! We have some exciting things in the works for the fall trip including a new campground location that will be able to accommodate all our needs on a private property right down the road between camp and Eldorado Outpost. There will be plenty of parking, bathrooms, showers, and we will be able to accommodate our brethren who like to bring their campers as well. No need to have our group split up between Arrowhead (with the overbearing camp host Gestapo) and the Badin Lake Group Site even though it worked out great for our epic week long trip this spring.

Best of all, if this works out we will be staying there at no charge thanks to some very generous friends.

Again, more to follow, but I wanted to put the date out for everyone to plan around.
MIKE DOES THE NEW CAMPING SPOT HAVE ELECTRICAL POWER AVAILABLE. JERRY

·
Registered
586 Posts
So the new spot will have electricity and spots available for campers and all the other things that Arrowhead had, just on private property. We are negotiating w Brian Austin whos a jeep guy, however he has been a great friend to our group, retired Navy senior chief and gun guy lol. He is the contact between us and the land owner. They only are asking for some minor help in clearing up some land and basic clean up on the property. Once we have the specifics we will post on here

Reactions: TonkaToy

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Let us know so we can keep our calendar open. We are NOT doing Arrowhead again....nope.....

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Let us know so we can keep our calendar open. We are NOT doing Arrowhead again....nope.....
Please tell me the story Ron.;)

Sounds promising... so when are the owners needing help and what kind of help to get the property ready?

I got a chainsaw, free time and maybe even bring the tractor with backhoe if need be before it gets too hot.:cool:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Sooooo here is the update and finalized plan for Uhwarrie.

The off site group camp isnt going to work out unfortunately. There will be another (paying) group there that same weekend, which wouldnt be bad however its 75 people. There are only 2 bathrooms and 2 showers at that site so due to that Nate has been kind enough to reserve Group Site B for us on the dates originally agrees upon, OCT 20-23rd. There is plenty of room for anyone who wants to come, however only 5 dedicated tent pads. On the spring trip we simply cleared the ground and had another 5 tents w plenty of room to have at least 5 more tents. There is also plenty of clear space to park and set up campers, trailers and rigs. @JLEMOND D we have a perfect place to park your truck and camper we can provide a super quiet generator as well if you dont want to camp at Arrowhead.

I estimate the cost to camp regardless of whether you stay for Thurs-Sat or just overnight to be around $40 a tent/group. There will also be a group dinner either Fri or Sat night tbd, plan on bringing $10 a person to cover the cost of that (unfortunately the price of food isnt going down). As I have said in the past you cant stay anywhere for any amount of time and get a good meal cooked for you for that price.
I will post a link in the coming weeks where you can send the money to or you can reach out directly to @nate's truck for paypal etc info. You can bring cash the day of the event however you must get w myself or Nate so that we know who plans on doing that. We need to know based on numbers how much food and supplies to bring sooner than later.

The last few trips have been a freaking blast, we have gotten the trail rides planned and we ride all day, w plenty of places to break off if needed and parts that are easy or hard as you want. Thanks to everyone who has come already and I welcome those who havent come out yet!

Reactions: TonkaToy

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've got #24 Fri-Sun

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Wife and I are new to all of this ... we've only gone out a few times now. I'm in a 98 Trooper, she's in a new Bronco (but we're trying to find her a Trooper as well ... because she dies inside a little when rocks or overgrowth touch her Bronco). I need to read all the various threads to learn exactly what is involved here, but from this thread alone it sounds fun!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wife and I are new to all of this ... we've only gone out a few times now. I'm in a 98 Trooper, she's in a new Bronco (but we're trying to find her a Trooper as well ... because she dies inside a little when rocks or overgrowth touch her Bronco). I need to read all the various threads to learn exactly what is involved here, but from this thread alone it sounds fun!
The trails can be as easy or hard as you want, since there is typically multiple lines that can be taken. Last trip we had a guy w a bone stock 1st gen trooper open, open w 29in pizza cutter tires make it everywhere we went as long as we spotted him in a few places, feel free to reach out to me on PM and I can give you my number if you wanna chat about it

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I will be there that weekend with the 75 person group at the new 2 bath location. I would love to see everyone as it has been a really long time outside of hanging out at Jerry's for a day a few months ago.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would love to see everyone as it has been a really long time outside of hanging out at Jerry's for a day a few months ago.
Dude! It would be great to catch up. Now we need to harass Brendan to drag his butt out as well. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
672 Posts
*EDIT The private property we were hoping to camp on is going to be occupied by another large group. We decided to pass and stay at the Group camp instead.

Let's go wheeling!! The fall Uwharrie trip should be great. The bulk of us will be camping at Badin Lake Group camp Site B. More info to follow. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. The spring trip was epic and with a little framework, went off well. Plenty of wheeling time, and everyone had a great time with little drama except those who camped over at Arrowhead... Sorry Ron.

Stay tuned, more info to follow!
Idk if Ron and Dawn had that great of a time, they did after all get stuck bouncing off rocks with me 😂

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
we'll start making plans to be there.....going to need a tent site in Group camp....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts