Isuzu SUV Forum banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Van said:
Looks like it's going to be a party this time. :drunken: :thumbup:

Seems like it's been such a long time since some of y'all have shown up I might not recognize ya... Jason. :roll: :lol 8)
Van I think this is going to be a great time! It has been too long, and if you don't recognize me I won't be offended, but surely you will recognize that black trooper that sounds like no other. :angel4: haha cant wait to see everyone again, it is going to be a good time.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Just a heads up, there is a huge unofficial "group" of NC 4x4 guys heading to the woods that same weekend.
They'll be over at Group Camp and I know probably half of them.
Its gonna be crowded on the trails so have some patience and be willing to pitch a hand when needed.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Paint chip said:
but surely you will recognize that black trooper that sounds like no other. :angel4: haha
Yup, I remember that Trooper from the Beasley Knob days :lol: I WAS impressed with it after you and Billy made it up a muddy hill that I couldn't and Jerry told me that Troopers have a near weight distribution of 50/50 while mine has a 70/30 (bed empty)... then someone else told me that I had dried out the trail for y'all... which made me feel better. :p :lol: :lol:

We might have to have a 3.4 tug of war in a muddy patch. 8)

Hopefully all this coronavirus crap will have died down by then. :evil:

Marcus, I'll supply the cups and drinks for the breakfast.

Mike, I think something simple and somewhere in the $5-$10 range would work best since no one ever has a good head count on who's showing up for group dinner. :wink:

Lorenzo, maybe you could coordinate with the NC4x4 so we're not on the same trails at the same time. :lol:

Times flying by now. :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I don't know what to say. I have a bad feeling that this.

This might end up being a fall trip the way things are going. Instead of "Family Reunion" it might become "Survivors Celebration".

Only time will tell.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
TonkaToy said:
I don't know what to say. I have a bad feeling that this.
The OHV trail system is still on the schedule to open April 1, although it appears as though Arrowhead has been temporarily closed down:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/nfsnc/al ... ?aid=56853

Whether it will be re-opened by the event is to be seen I guess. Stay well everyone! :thumbup:

Shaggy

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Being in a high risk group (65 and on chemo), I decided to be smart and cancel my URE trip. I'm doing really well fighting the cancer. My tumors are shrinking and the cancer markers in my blood have decreased by 90%. But if I get sick, even if I survive the virus, I won't be permitted to enter the infusion center which would give the cancer a chance to spread. That's a risk I don't want to take.

Hopefully, we can get together in the future.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Hopefully they will reopen. TN has closed the campgrounds and parks until April 30 so I guess we will see if NC follows....

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I just received an email from recreation.gov:

A location closure has been issued for ARROWHEAD CAMPGROUND from Thu, Apr 16, 2020 - Fri, May 15, 2020 due to Public Safety Concerns.

Crazy times!!

Shaggy

·
Registered
989 Posts
We could all just camp out at the outpost....don't think they would mind much :lol:

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Mario good to hear the update! I agree with your assessment to go bunker mode

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Bansil said:
Mario good to hear the update! I agree with your assessment to go bunker mode
Not much choice at this time. Hopefully things will calm down in a few weeks, or months.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
The way things are looking kids, this may be postponed till the fall.

Till then all we can do is wait and see what happens.

Take care of yourselves and your loved ones.

Now, go wash your hands!!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Boo!! Oh well. Hopefully fall will be more virusless. Stay safe everyone.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Seriously bummed about everything right now. I guess the only good thats coming of this is it looks like I am picking up a tow rig that I will be working on during this hunker down season.. I just finished my smoker setup, and was looking forward to surprising folks this year.

Hope everyone stays safe, and I get to see y'all in the fall on the other side of this mess...

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Rodeofox. said:
I remember the days of Dave Chang and Joe D making breakfast, hard to believe that's been 20yrs ago. Had a lot of fun at uwharrie
I used to have a picture, Remember Dave with the swisher thing wiping dirt off in the parking lot while folks were locking hubs? Then he rolled it an hr later :mrgreen: good times lol....I have an Isuzu rug he made, forgot about it

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Bluebait, you and wifey going to have some time when we get nicer weather during this bs to enjoy lake and grill time our slip,land is in Carter co....Watuaga lake? You can answer via pm if need to

81 - 100 of 101 Posts