Isuzu SUV Forum banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Leland and Rob, very cool to have ya both come on out.
This is going to be a historical gatthering of the Zu fam.
Just wish we still had Nick, Joe D and Mark to spend it with.
I did reach out to Peter. He said he may work on it.
I think Dylan may come out too.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I went to book site 37 but discovered that some skinny nerd with a lame Trooper and overgrown mushroom for a camper had already snagged it... I guess I'll try to contact him and see if he'll share. ;)

Shaggy

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
shaggydoink said:
I went to book site 37 but discovered that some skinny nerd with a lame Trooper and overgrown mushroom for a camper had already snagged it... I guess I'll try to contact him and see if he'll share. ;)

Shaggy
Woohoo!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I don't think I have ever been to Uwharrie in early may, I bet it's like the surface of the sun during the day and the entrance to Hades at night?

BTW, we got the call last week and our camper is all fixed up and ready for us to pick it up. Michelle and I are planning on going back to Indiana in the next few weeks so God willing we should have it for the get together. And if I can get the fuel tank out of greenie she may make an appearance as well.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Right on. Marty I tried to message ya, Not sure if i have the correct number.
I was thinking Marty should be here too!
I don't know how you got the update but glad my telepathic tricks worked!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well..Well..... How time flies. I haven't been to URE in 7 years. Been about that long since I've been on the site. Billy informed me about this a few weeks ago and I have finally decided to go. I look forward to seeing everyone again, so put me down for site 42.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Nick? Sorry...who was that and what happened?

Put down payment on our sleeping accommodations today, 3 week build...better than a tent tho

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Nick had a second gen trooper that joe D helped him build. Was friends with Peter, JP and we'd see him in uwharrie when he wasn't hauling stuff all across the country. He was on his bike one day and got in a serious wreck. I don't think you met him Doug
Straight up dude tho.
He's on the far left in black in this pic:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4AjVFFs3KnZQT8VDA
His truck is in front of mine.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Paint chip said:
Well..Well..... How time flies. I haven't been to URE in 7 years. Been about that long since I've been on the site. Billy informed me about this a few weeks ago and I have finally decided to go. I look forward to seeing everyone again, so put me down for site 42.
Great to hear Jason. Will be great to see you guys again and catch up. Hope Billy finds a way to come up as well.

This is shaping up to be an epic trip. It won't be long and we will be planning the menu for Friday night's dinner. Let me know if anyone has any requests. I am trying to find my sign I made after Eli did that sponsor T shirt with "Mad Mike's Grill & Bar" :lol: Once I get through this weekend's Mardi Gras & Gumbo party, then painting the house I will start on the tenement on wheels...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Billy's attendance will have to be determined at last minute due to his work, he will attend if he can. I myself am getting more amped up about this trip every day. It's just been too long.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Paint chip said:
Billy's attendance will have to be determined at last minute due to his work, he will attend if he can. I myself am getting more amped up about this trip every day. It's just been too long.
Sounds good bud! :headbang:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Looks like it's going to be a party this time. :drunken: :thumbup:

Mike, whatever you want to make for group dinner is fine with me... as long as it's not chili (which might instigate another old timer to show up with some chili additives). :lol:

Marcus, do y'all plan on doing a waffle breakfast on Saturday? I'll add something to it if so. :thumbup:

Doug, the wife will be there Friday and Saturday night, so please have the chandelier up. :p

Seems like it's been such a long time since some of y'all have shown up I might not recognize ya... Jason. :roll: :lol:

I'll be anxiously waiting to see what Marty and Heather bring down this time... Ronald McDonald? :lol:

Talked to Wayne (Slainer) and he'll be there also. 8)

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Van said:
Mike, whatever you want to make for group dinner is fine with me... as long as it's not chili (which might instigate another old timer to show up with some chili additives). :lol:

Marcus, do y'all plan on doing a waffle breakfast on Saturday? I'll add something to it if so. :thumbup:
@ Mike and Marcus, if you are the executive chefs of said meals, let me know if there is anything I can contribute or help with!

Van said:
Seems like it's been such a long time since some of y'all have shown up I might not recognize ya...
I'll make it easy on you... same skinny doofus, just a few more grey hairs and wrinkles. ;)

Shaggy

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
TonkaToy said:
Paint chip said:
Great to hear Jason. Will be great to see you guys again and catch up. Hope Billy finds a way to come up as well.

This is shaping up to be an epic trip. It won't be long and we will be planning the menu for Friday night's dinner. Let me know if anyone has any requests. I am trying to find my sign I made after Eli did that sponsor T shirt with "Mad Mike's Grill & Bar" :lol: Once I get through this weekend's Mardi Gras & Gumbo party, then painting the house I will start on the tenement on wheels...
Do I dare make a menu suggestion, Mike?! LOL!! One of these days you're bound to think one of my ideals will work. Heck, just let me throw this out there... how about a low country boil?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
reran said:
Do I dare make a menu suggestion, Mike?! LOL!! One of these days you're bound to think one of my ideals will work. Heck, just let me throw this out there... how about a low country boil?
I'm game, but it will require more than a $5 contribution. :lol: I have pots and burners and can do this but, the cost will be high. Without crunching the numbers it would likely be $20-25 per person. But we can do it... Crawfish will be in season.

I was thinking about Grilled garlic & herb pork chops with baked potatoes and grilled corn on the cob? I'm guessing $5-7 per person donation would cover the cost. We could do Steaks instead, but that would bump it up to around $10.

Like I said, I am game for whatever. I love to cook, and enjoy hosting this dinner. As my buddies in our LSU Alumni chapter know, my grill does travel, and I aim to please. If you leave one of my dinners hungry, you screwed up. :lol: I'm still working on getting this RV set up for tailgating, but I will have the basics covered in time for this event. She may not be a new bling-blinged out ride, but it's paid for! I'd rather spend the money on having fun, and football tickets.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Van said:
Looks like it's going to be a party this time. :drunken: :thumbup:

Doug, the wife will be there Friday and Saturday night, so please have the chandelier up. :p

Seems like it's been such a long time since some of y'all have shown up I might not recognize ya... Jason. :roll: :lol:

I'll be anxiously waiting to see what Marty and Heather bring down this time... Ronald McDonald? :lol:

Talked to Wayne (Slainer) and he'll be there also. 8)
You betcha were going to do Waffles! And Sausage and Bacon!!!! I'll have all the waffle irons going and the griddle will be fired up ready to cook all that greasy goodness!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
shaggydoink said:
Van said:

@ Mike and Marcus, if you are the executive chefs of said meals, let me know if there is anything I can contribute or help with!

Van said:
Seems like it's been such a long time since some of y'all have shown up I might not recognize ya...
I'll make it easy on you... same skinny doofus, just a few more grey hairs and wrinkles. ;)

Shaggy
Thanks Jonathan, We'll let you know. We usually do a bunch of Belgian waffles with sausage and bacon. :) I guess any kind of additional breakfast stuff would be great like juices etc. The waffles seem to fill everyone up as they are huge and we make lots of em.

Can't wait! All of this talk of food is making this Keto diet person hungry for some carbs. LOL

61 - 80 of 101 Posts