Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy old friends!

It has been a long time since I have had time to get on the forum. Many of you still keep up via FB, but others I seem to have lost touch with. Smitty, Mario, and I were talking and we think it is long overdue for a Planet Family Reunion trip. We can certainly still go wheeling for those who desire (and still have rigs), but the main reason for the trip will be to relax and reconnect with old friends. I certainly miss hanging out with you guys. Since Anna was born, my life focus has be moved to her and my business. I haven't had much free time for camping. Now that she is almost three years old I have a little more flexibility.

Lastly, I would love help to reach out to some of the "old crew" who like me may not be hanging around the Planet these days and try to include them. If any of you are still in contact with any of them, please spread the word and lets try and involve them. Let's be clear, no Isuzu no problem. Many of us no longer own Zu's anymore, but we still are part of the family. I miss mine, but had to move on for family reasons.

Some of the people I have lost track of are JWood, Billy Rice & Jason, and I can't remember the guy who ran the name of the guy from Tennessee (in-law?) who ran the Baja Bug up Daniel till he broke a motor mount on the hill climb and Van towed him the rest of the way out. Think of anyone else please spread the word!

Here's who is going:

Site #35 Tonkatoy (aka Mike) & Smitty
Site #41 Bansil
Site #33 Hack
Site #34 Van
Site #27 Marcus
Site #26 MrDunge & Lorenzo
Site #43 Trev1980
Site #38 Nate's Truck
Site #28 BTW
Site #30 Reran
Site #29 Bluebait
Site #17 MartinDavis
Site #42 Paintchip
Site #32 Jerry
Site #37 Shaggy

Are you going? If so let us know!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't qualify as a member of the "old crew," having attending my first Uwharrie trip this past November, but I have cast my vote for May.

Trevor

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I think this is very important. If some of you may not know already, Mario (Hack) is sick. Please get some dates together (avoid April 17-19th if at all possible). I will be bringing Mario down from Maryland where ever you guys decide on doing this. If you choose not to do Uwharrie, pick an awesome campground. LOL :) One that can support my giant "thing" that I tow.

·
Registered
482 Posts
All of you know that the "GRAY GOAT"is down for whatever.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the positive response I am seeing. Lets talk dates. I am inclined to lean towards the end of April myself. Not sure what other events are already planned for down there as I am out of touch with the wheelin scene. Anyone with input or info please speak up.

My thought is a similar format as the old events. Thursday thru Sunday. Group dinner in camp Friday night. Trip to town for Saturday night dinner. Wheeling/fishing scattered throughout. I expect many of us will focus on relaxing and drinking lots of bottled water while catching up. :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
how about close the poll and open a new one with the weekends as options.
let people vote and we close the poll by end of February that should give people enough time to set aside time and book camp spots. etc.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I hope to make this one. With the deaths of Squatch and JoeD, I have been bummed out about wheeling. But my truck and I aren't getting any younger and I miss you guys.

·
Registered
585 Posts
TonkaToy said:
I can't remember the guy from Tennessee (in-law?) who ran the Baja Bug up Daniel till he broke a motor mount on the hill climb and Van towed him the rest of the way out.
That's Nick, aka "N Law" here on the forum. I have pictures from that day! LOL

Would love to see Wayne, aka "Slainer", and many others.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SAS said:
Would love to see Wayne, aka "Slainer", and many others.
WAYNE!!!

Yes, he is good people. Miss that guy too.

Thank you all for jumping on-board. I am getting excited about this. I just jabbed at Smitty and told him he had till the end of April to get his Heep on the road. :lol:

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Hello ya'll... :salute: ...voted old timers unite...no Isuzu running anymore, will bring Tahoe or SuperDuty last weekend looks good

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thanks to Doug for texting me about this! I am in for this if the dates work out. I am going out of the country for the last option in may and have a few other things I think I can get out of and will try to get Nick (my Brother in law, NLAW) to come too.

I miss you guys

·
Registered
989 Posts
Don't know if I'm considered family but I'm game if I have the Rodeo back together by then. Votes been cast.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
bluebait said:
Don't know if I'm considered family but I'm game if I have the Rodeo back together by then. Votes been cast.
yes, :blackeye: you rode with my crazy ***, and I almost kilt us :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, that's good enough for me. I'm calling this one and locking the date!

Just booked site 35. Get your reservations in quick guys. I will be driving the motorhome down aka "Its Huge" towing Smitty's Heep assuming he can get it going again. In addition to Smitty we might just have an old friend camping with us who is clearly lurking around. I won't say anything yet as he hasn't confirmed if he can make it. I'm liking how this is looking so far.

Bansil, I'm glad to see you resurface. I heard you were too busy farming to play anymore. It will be great to catch up. I loved your Skoolie build so much I am copying it, but on a slightly different coach.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
5 years of farming and animals was enough... :drunken: we couldn't travel, so Goats gone, Alpacas gone, Chickens gone, Dog breeding gone and no 2100 feet of tators and other crap. :mrgreen:

Focusing now on making mad money and stacking it deep...hope to start on that sometime in the future :laughing4: :laughing5: :laughing5:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts