Isuzu SUV Forum banner
121 - 140 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Life happens but you are right, a couple of days are better then none. At least you are close and don't have a 400 mile drive each way.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Hack said:
Life happens but you are right, a couple of days are better then none. At least you are close and don't have a 400 mile drive each way.
Yes, truly a blessing!! I just did another overland trip in the Appalachians which was "only" 200 miles to/from my house, pretty much the last trip that's within that short of a distance, the rest will involve a trek like you (and others) have to endure to get to URE. Oh the pavement, make it stop!! :shock:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
shaggydoink said:
I had to cut my stay a little short due to work, my new schedule gets me out there Thursday afternoon and heading toward home Saturday evening. A couple days is better than none! :D

Shaggy
Man I was bummed when I saw that you posted. I thought I wasn't going to be able to see the shaggy shack 2.0!!! Glad you are still going to be making it!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Looks like I need to revise my forecast a bit.

Add about 5 to 8 degrees to the forecast. Looks like Mid to perhaps upper 80's are a real possibility. It's gonna be HOT!

The chances of preccip are diminishing as well.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Looks like rain this weekend, which will hopefully keep the dust down.

Also looks like shorts and t-shirts will be the garb for this trip.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Hack said:
Looks like rain this weekend, which will hopefully keep the dust down.

Also looks like shorts and t-shirts will be the garb for this trip.
Sure glad I have A/C in the camper. :p

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
I don't think that anyone will need A/C at night. But, it is going to be hot on the trails and even hotter panning for gold.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Hack said:
I don't think that anyone will need A/C at night. But, it is going to be hot on the trails and even hotter panning for gold.
We'll be running that A/C full blast all night long.

I am hoping to be high banking on Friday. The splash of muddy water will keep me cool.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Hack said:
Had I known it was going to be this warm I would have suggested we revive the "paddle your DIY Kon-Tiki-style raft" boat race! :mrgreen: Probably too late to pull this together, although I'll be happy to take on anyone in a Barbie Jeep IZUSU race down the Dutch John trench hill. C'mon... y'all know you want to take out the skinny nerd or at least watch him get hurt in an epic tumble! :laughing6:

Shaggy

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
shaggydoink said:
Hack said:
Had I known it was going to be this warm I would have suggested we revive the "paddle your DIY Kon-Tiki-style raft" boat race! :mrgreen: Probably too late to pull this together, although I'll be happy to take on anyone in a Barbie Jeep IZUSU race down the Dutch John trench hill. C'mon... y'all know you want to take out the skinny nerd or at least watch him get hurt in an epic tumble! :laughing6:

Shaggy
I will have the camera rolling.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
If it was going to be wet, I'd bring a pair of old "rock" skis and hitch up a couple of JoeD's dogs to race you.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I may have to call it a maybe once again. Can't get this darn truck running right and my time to continue working on it is limited the rest of the week. Going to try one more thing this afternoon but I'd that don't work....

Edit: I think I may have figured it out! Waiting for it to cool back down so I can start it up cold to see how it acts. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Get that thing running BT, the two heaviest Gen 1's on the planet need to meet.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
But if you can't get it running and are forced to part it out, I want the newly painted, very pretty, Fiero covers :lol:

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'll be rolling in sometime Friday after a side trip to Goldsboro. We're camping out at the Holiday Inn Express in Albemarle.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
I'm out. Site 26 is now available.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Well, it has come down to a last minute decision for me, but I am out. :cry:

On a positive note, for those who haven't heard yet. Laura is pregnant and we are expecting a little girl to be born in July!! :D This was a bit of a surprise to us as we were told 3 yrs ago that she couldn't have anymore children. So come July we will have a 16yr old son, 14 yr old daughter, and a newborn... :shock: Fun times to be had around our house. Add that to me starting a new business this year, and I have my plate full. Smitty was going to come to represent the Richmond contingent, but he can't make it either.

It goes without saying that I will likely be out for the fall run, unless Momma is just sick of me whining about not going camping and lets me go just to shut me up. :lol:

Have fun guys!!

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Wow. They are dropping like flies. Mike and Mark are out. Hopefully, no one else..

121 - 140 of 178 Posts