Well my rear ring and pinion came in. I am waiting on my install kit and I'll be dropping it off at the shop to get installed. I'm thinking of getting a new clutch pack for the LSD and having it rebuilt while its out. My Isuzu has 110k on it so I figure it couldn't hurt to refresh the LSD.
I got my bent upper link installed last week. I thought I had some pics but I can't seem to find them. It definitely evened out the driver sides amount of drop. I got the rest of my parts for my rear axle. So hopefully I can get that in the shop in the next couple weeks to get the 4.56 put in.
I installed a volt and trans temp gauge a few weeks ago and never posted up some install pics. And here's one with them installed an lit up.
They were pretty easy to hook up. I installed the trans temp sensor to the trans by removing the pressure port plug and treading in the temp sensor. Hardest part was wiring everything up to turn on and dim with the lights.
I got a hold of the shop tech today and he said he should have my rear-end done next week. I can't wait to see how it drives with the new gears. Only problem I see is if I like it then I'll be buying some bigger tires.
I needed some place to mount my camping gear. I got tired of just throwing it in the back.
So I decided to use the wasted space behind the drivers seat. I mounted up a nice sheet of birch and covered it with some of the carpet I had left over from my box builds and then I mounted some cleats. I used some webbing and buckles to hold all the camp gear.
It's worked good so far. Nothing flops around or shifts.
That looks great, good use of space in our little rigs. The LSD in the front and rear should get you alot of places without breaking anything. I drove my dads scout when I was you get and it had an LSD front and back, it took alot to get it stuck.
I haven't been doing to much project wise lately. I bought a viair on board air system to install but have been lazy due to the heat here to hook it up. I got the gears in the rear end installed finally. It rides nice and has a lot of pickup with the 265/70s on it. I'll get around to putting some 285/75s on it at a later date when these wear out.
I dug my old beat up top out the other day and started cutting it up. I made a bikini top out of an old top I had once for a 94 Amigo and it turned out pretty good, so i decided to try it with this style top.
I figured this will work pretty good. I keep the whole top in the truck just in case I run into some bad weather.
Been outta the country a while and just got back stateside. Moved to the Las Vegas area. Figured it'd be a good time to set up my on board air system I bought 4 years ago but never installed. It's all hooked up and functional. Just trying to figure out how to post pics of the install. Been a while on the site.
There's about an inch above the fittings on the top of the tank, and an inch or so between the tank and muffler. I used a jack to see how much the muffle could flex upwards and make contact. Unless I break the muffler mount it shouldn't ever hit the support brackets of the air tank.
I've been using the on-board air last 3 rides I've went on. Works pretty good. Takes about 10min to air my tires back to 32psi from 15psi. I'll run this compressor for a while, but I think I should have bought the next size up.
I got a new set of 285/75-16 tires to compliment my 4.56 gears I had installed a while ago. I trimmed up the fenders a bit, and welded up the pinch seams. I disconnected the shock, torsion bar, and sway bar so I could play around with tire stuffed in the wheel well. I cleared enough material away that even when the bump stop gets mashed I shouldn't make any contact. I went full steering lock to lock to check. My 2in body lift helped a bit by keeping the top of the fender outta the way.