Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
MyRS said:
I'll get some pictures of it up but my lil Sport is headed to the body shop. My buddy wrecked his (new to him) 2007 FJ Cruiser into my front passenger fender yesterday evening. We were both able to drive home but it's still a pain. I just got it running good after the fuel pump/pressure issue. On a brighter note I have been enjoying the soft top. And his vehicle sustained way more damage than mine did.
Might as well have them install body-matched monstaliner from the windows down while it's in there!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I like the shaved frame "tiller" I was thinking about cutting mine off but like the idea of it digging in before the bumper

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I bought a smitty bilt swing for my rear bumper, however it will require more mods to fit as I have significantly less shelf/overhang:

the hinge and latch mechanisms are top-notch

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Is there a way to hot-wire the SOTF portion to essentially lock it into the engaged mode, then remove the vacuum and Ebox?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
MyRS said:
I'll have to check that out. If I can just rig up the SOTF to just stay engaged then I can keep the 98-00 CV axles. I should have my diff done in the next week or so. I still need to order my hubs and get some older 4x4 spindle/hub from a junk yard. Prob call around and get those tomorrow.
or just keep the SOTF and still convert to manual hubs, it isn't that big of a liability and works well.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
You don't need to drop the tank completely. Remove the two rear support bolts and the two that go through the driver's side frame rail, leave the two on the front in place, then simply lower the rear of the tank down far enough to access the link bolt. You should be able to swap links in about 30 minutes using this method.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
that's a cool camping mod, I wish I was handy with lumber, I could use a set of drawers and a solid mount for a fridge freezer slide

1 - 13 of 13 Posts