Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying this truck I see listed on CL but the owner says the trans will only do first, second and revers. It will not shift up from second. Any ideas? Trans rebuild?

Also, I have a 99 Passport 4x2 and was wondering if the motor and trans will swap out?

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Yup, I agree, rebuild or replacement.

The 2wd transmission will bolt right in but I thought the 2wd trans was different somehow that the transfer case won't bolt to the 2wd transmission. But someone just posted in a different post that they just added the transfer case to their 2wd transmission so I'm not sure. Somebody else will be better suited to answer the second part of your post.

·
Registered
12,332 Posts
The transmission electrical connectors on the 99 transmission are different than the 2002. You would have to make special adapter harnesses or open up the 99 transmission and convert the connectors and internal wiring. I am not sure about the transfer case hookup.

You would have to put the 2002 electronic throttle body on the 99 engine.

BTW, the front steering knuckle, caliper, caliper bracket, brake pads, brake rotor and axles from your 99 won't fit on the 2002

The 2002 transmission problem could be a stuck 2-3 shift solenoid/shift valve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.