Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, Hi, I'm new to this forum, but im not new to the truck. Its my moms, she bought it new in 2002, it has 22,000 miles on it, and has been an extreamly reliable vehical. Well today she is on her way home from work and her Check Engine light comes on, I had the OBD II system scanned, it comes up as a CODE P 440: Evap system. But it could also be linked to the EGR system said the GM tech i talked to. So tomorrow morning its going into the Isuzu dealership and they are going to furth diagnose and repair the problem.
My main question is, is this a problem for these trucks? Or is this sort of out of the ordinary?

·
Registered
591 Posts
2002Rodeo said:
Thanks, i checked that site out, but since the truck is still on Warranty there going to fix it for free! :D
Don't be so sure of that! They can & do charge for "diagnostic" fees. Check Ryan's site. I'd bet it's just a loose or faulty gas cap.
G/luck
Joel

·
Registered
327 Posts
They are probably going to tell you that the fuel tank pressure sensor or the vapor canister need to be replaced. These two things, along with a loose gas cap will set the P440 code. In all likelyhood it's just a loose gas cap, but if the "stealer" wants to replace the other stuff under warranty why argue?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I had the same problem with my 96 the day after I got it back after a friend used it for a week. Took to Auto Zone to have it put on the computer and the first thing the guy asked was "Did you get gas lately?" I didn't, but she did. The gas cap was not on tight enough. :?

Felt like an idiot although I did not do it! :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. My wife got gas and didn't get the cap on right. I disconnected the battery had a beer 8) reconnected the battery. The computer cleared (no check engine light). :D Ok the beer is not required but hay if you have 15 to 20 minuets to kill…

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.