Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here and really need help with diagnosing my transmission problem. I have a 2002 Rodeo 2.2 w/automatic 2wd. Originally, the car would move in reverse but would not move in 1st gear. Revved engine to 3000 rpm and it would move slightly. Then I had someone rebuild the trans. Now, the trans works fine when cold but after it gets warm (drive about 6 miles) and you stop, it shutters in 1st gear when you take off and then hits hard and starts moving normal. I put it in winter drive so it starts off in 3rd gear and no problem, just very slow of course. So, the problem is only in 1st gear and only after getting warmed up.
When the guy rebuilt the trans he installed new bands but he didn't replace any solenoids. After telling him about this problem, he took off the pan and replaced the solenoid on the bottom of the trans (I don't know which solenoid that is). I've been told by another trans shop that it could be the band apply solenoid. Should I have all the solenoids replaced or is someone familiar enough with this problem that they know which solenoid to replace, or even if it is a solenoid problem? There is no check engine light on. I've already invested too much money into this vehicle and really need your help. Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts