Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at doing a lift for a friend's '02 Rodeo; she wants it a little higher just for looks. I did some searches, but am not sure as to what years are the same in the suspension, and interchangeability of parts and instuctions. I'm looking to do 1.5 - 2.25 of lift. What would be the way to go on rear springs? Spacers or different coils, where to get for the best price? What other things would need to be swapped out? (shocks, break lines, anything else) With the torsion bars what all is needed besides cranking them up, and doing an alignment? I'm doing this on a limited budget, but don't want any shady stuff that will cause problems down the road either.
Thanks for any help you can give; I figure this will be a good Christmas present.

Thanks,
Luke

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
The cheapest way to do a 1.5" lift is to buy some used Trooper springs (for under 100bucks). I think there are some here for sale search for it.

here is a link for some before and after trooper springs:

http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic ... light=lift

To be on the safe side I would replace the shock (if they are OEM do it for sure). I think the stock shocks probably will be fine with only 1.5" lift.

If you want more lift there are some nice kits out there that come with springs (3.5" lift, and shocks):

www.darlingtonoffroad.com
www.independent4x.com

Expect to pay about 500 for a goood set of springs, shocks and shipping.

good luck!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yeah, you can do the troop springs, OR you can get some Daystar 2.5 inch spcaers(actually 2 inch), they are around 90 bucks, and the same amount of work to install..... I have this combo in the 4x4(though I am going to go with OMEs when I get back in teh states.., and I have troop coils with a 1 inch spacer in my 2 wd.... definatley worth it.. if you stay low, 1-2 inches, you should be okay wiht the stock shocks till they blow out..then get something a little stiffer.....or not...

Chase

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys. I think trooper springs will be good for now, what year trooper springs will fit? Will I need to do the ball joint flip to get the allignment done corectly? Also what about the extention on the rear brake line bracket?

Thanks for all the help.

Nelson

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
will these suggestions work for a budget lift for a 99 4x4 rodeo? (trooper springs) i would love a lift -nothing serious just a few inches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.