Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Remove the 4 screws from the center console and pop off. Be careful to remove all of the connections to the heated seats switch and all other connections. Put your car in drive and remove the console cover. (LEAVE THE CAR TURNED OFF) Remove screw next to the ashtray and lighter. Then remove the 2 screws above the AC/HEATER controls. Pop off the entire front piece!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where are the screws at? (generally) it's very cold outside currently, i'm trying not to be out too long. haha. are they hidden or visible? If you have pics that would also be a great help! Thanks for the quick responses!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I bought an OEM CD changer off Ebay that I have yet to tr to install. My dash looks like yours with the empty plastic box directly beneath the radio. Do you now if there is a plug back there to accept the changer and do I need any additional brackets or anything to put it in? Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There should be a plug on your CD changer, that will hook into your factory radio. You will need to remove the facory radio to plug it in. The pics posted are from my 2000 Trooper LS.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The brackets for your changer (if you didn't get any with your new one) are the same ones used on the black cubby hole unit. Just swap them to the changer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well it's a good thing I didn't get to installing the radio, cause my car was just stolen! so if anyone in the akron area sees a 2001 Trooper here's what I'm telling everyone..

hey if you see an Isuzu Trooper driving around, please call the Police, it's mine and was stolen. It's tan / beige, and has an Apple Sticker above the tail lights on both sides. there's also dents and dings all along the car. If you see it, notify the police then email me at [email protected] thanks.

Michael

ps - if you could spread the word please. i'd appreciate it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts