Isuzu SUV Forum banner
181 - 200 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Thank you for the explanation. I'm not confused now. I have a lot going tomorrow and will do the following if there is time. Otherwise, it will be Thursday.
I am happy to report that all connections now have continuity between the PCM sockets and the APS. Is it now safe to cut off the original wires that may have breaks in them? I worry about them causing a short. Also, I would like to make my new connections more secure than the knife type plastic splicers?

Also, you may have touched on the cause. I am beginning to believe that my mechanic is an alien. He does have an unworldly look about him.

Reactions: JJ_Design

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
You can cut the wires if you want, but be aware the open circuits in the APS wiring did not cause the burned spot on the PCM circuit board and APS problem is probably not the reason the truck won't start.
Leave the Throttle body connector, APS connector and CKP connector disconnected and measure the voltages to see if there are more problems to investigate like no +5 Vdc to TPS#2 and the CKP.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
You can cut the wires if you want, but be aware the open circuits in the APS wiring did not cause the burned spot on the PCM circuit board and APS problem is probably not the reason the truck won't start.
Leave the Throttle body connector, APS connector and CKP connector disconnected and measure the voltages to see if there are more problems to investigate like no +5 Vdc to TPS#2 and the CKP.
Rectangle Font Slope Material property Parallel

APS connector Pin 10 (Black) 5.0v
APS connector Pin 8 (Green) 5.0v
APS connector Pin 1 (Orange) 0v

CKB 5v, 0v, 5v

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
The voltages on the Throttle Body Connector Pins 6 and 7 are not correct, do not connect it to the Throttle Body. More testing is required. I will send instructions later.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
These are the Throttle Body connector voltages you measured in 29 March and the pin 6 and 7 voltages are correct. Is the PCM now installed different from the one installed on 29 March?
Font Rectangle Circle Electric blue Pattern

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
These are the Throttle Body connector voltages you measured in 29 March and the pin 6 and 7 voltages are correct. Is the PCM now installed different from the one installed on 29 March? View attachment 123774
Yes, this is a different PCM than the one in March. I've only got one more left and am saving it until it is safe to install.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Yes, this is a different PCM than the one in March. I've only got one more left and am saving it until it is safe to install.
Are the APS and CKP correct?

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
There is a problem with the +5 Vdc on pin 1 of the APS connector.
You measured 000 volts as opposed to +5Vdc and this is a wire you said you fixed.

Is the PCM now installed the one with the burned spot on the circuit board?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
There is a problem with the +5 Vdc on pin 1 of the APS connector.
You measured 000 volts as opposed to +5Vdc and this is a wire you said you fixed.

Is the PCM now installed the one with the burned spot on the circuit board?
This is not the PCM with the burned spot. It is one for an auto tranny. I will double check the continuity on the APS #1. those plastic snap on clips aren't that reliable. Also, is the CKP correct? After I double check everything, I'll install my other 8093935090 for an auto tranny.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
This is not the PCM with the burned spot. It is one for an auto tranny. I will double check the continuity on the APS #1. those plastic snap on clips aren't that reliable. Also, is the CKP correct? After I double check everything, I'll install my other 8093935090 for an auto tranny.
The orange wire wasn't making good contact, so I took off the plastic clamp connectors and soldered the blue, yellow and orange wires, and covered them with shrink tubing. The APS sockets 1, 8,10 are all at 5v. The original broken wires were cut off and the ends sealed with Star Brite liquid tape.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
The orange wire wasn't making good contact, so I took off the plastic clamp connectors and soldered the blue, yellow and orange wires, and covered them with shrink tubing. The APS sockets 1, 8,10 are all at 5v. The original broken wires were cut off and the ends sealed with Star Brite liquid tape.
Buster, I just installed my last PCM and got the following voltage results. I confirmed them with a second multimeter. I still get 12v on throttle body connect #2. Should I risk plugging them all in? I only have two days left on the warrant for the this last PCM, or else I am out another $100.
Font Line Rectangle Automotive lighting Parallel

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Buster, I just installed my last PCM and got the following voltage results. I confirmed them with a second multimeter. I still get 12v on throttle body connect #2. Should I risk plugging them all in? I only have two days left on the warrantee for this last PCM, or else I am out another $100. View attachment 123812
I want to add that all three of the 8093935090 PCM,s I have installed showed a 12v charge to #2 connector of the TPS.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
The Throttle Body connector voltage measurements of May 8th (as shown in the attached image) are not the same as the voltages posted today. The issue with the May 8th measurements were on pins 6 and 7 not pin 2.
The Throttle Body connector voltages you just posted are correct. Why is there a difference?

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Slope

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
I want to add that all three of the 8093935090 PCM,s I have installed showed a 12v charge to #2 connector of the TPS.
It is a different PCM that the one on May 8th. As stated above. I installed my last of three PCM's.

And, I just re-checked pin #2 of the CKP. I misread the results last time. The reading is 12 minivolts, not 12v Sorry about that. I'm still not used to the Innova multimeter.

I want to know if I am safe to plug all of the connectors in to see if the Trooper starts. That would be the TPS, APS & CKP?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
It is a different PCM that the one on May 8th. As stated above. I installed my last of three PCM's.

And, I just re-checked pin #2 of the CKP. I misread the results last time. The reading is 12 minivolts, not 12v Sorry about that. I'm still not used to the Innova multimeter.

I want to know if I am safe to plug all of the connectors in to see if the Trooper starts. That would be the TPS, APS & CKP?
Correction: That should read "12 millivolts".

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
APS Connector Pin 3 should not be +5 Vdc, it is supposed to be connected to ground at the PCM, it is a Blue wire.

APS Connector Pin 1 and APS Connector Pin 8 and APS Connector Pin 10 are the +5 Vdc connections
Don't connect anything until the APS is wired correctly

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
APS Connector Pin 3 should not be +5 Vdc, it is supposed to be connected to ground at the PCM, it is a Blue wire.

APS Connector Pin 1 and APS Connector Pin 8 and APS Connector Pin 10 are the +5 Vdc connections
Don't connect anything until the APS is wired correctly
Yeah, I don't know why I did that. I double checked and it is pin #1 that has 5v. Pin #3 is 0v. Here are today's results - triple checked:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
The voltages in the annotated Throttle Body connector, CKP connector and APS connector images in your last post are correct.
There may be other issues preventing engine start but at least the throttle control system and CKP voltages are now verified.

181 - 200 of 253 Posts