Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have a "VERY" dependable 3.5L TROOPER?
Never had problems with the same engine design.466.67%
Had some problems.116.67%
Hate this "DA*NNED" thing.116.67%

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok guys. Heres the question. When did you notice the oil burning? I just got a 01 troop with 76000 miles. And I havent noticed the oil burn. When I had the oil changed, the guy at Wally World, said it was a half quart low. But since then, I havent seen it. AND I check "EVERYDAY".. Drive it to Tampa which is about half an hour away and back. Several times now. And nothing. Im hopeing I might have gotten one, with the better engine design. But I have the PCV with a rubber grommet. And from what Ive read, this is the "Troublesome" motor design. Any suggestions? Anyone wanna help a newbie out? BTW. I LOVE THIS TRUCK> Had a Rodeo. Loved that too. Someone help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jason: Please swing over to the previous Sticky about the 3.5 L engine under this Forum and read my post on the web research I did on these unreliable long blocks. Isuzu has left many an owner hanging out in the breeze when the engines fail. I truly mean it when I say "Trade Your 3.5 L Trooper Today !!!"

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, well. Um, you traded for a Kia? hehe. Check engine light came on today, But im thinking its cause I need to put the new starter on it. Read about all the funky electrical stuff, and im assuming thats what it came on for. BTW, my 99 rodeo did some of the same stuff, and it had the same engine. Never had a problem. So im gonna wait. New starter and plugs are going in tomorrow. Git' er done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah well, the Trooper ended up there because I have a buddy who works for KIA and they were ??? enough to give me money for a dead Isuzu and the Sorento has a 5 year 60K bumper-to-bumper warranty and a 10 year 100K powertrain warranty that from my research KIA will honor more so than Isuzu ever did their warranty.

Is a KIA my first pick, no, but as with so much of my life "It appeared to be a good idea at the time I was forced to make the choice!". And, yes I recognize that philosophy is why I must number my ex-wives.

Jason, I wish you luck with your Trooper, but when you finally get to that cold, dark room in which you have to deal with Isuzu and they shaft you like so many others, remember you were warned!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.