Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2001 Rodeo. I want to beef it up a little. . . I have already put a custom air intake with k&n filter. Does anyone know where to look find some headers for the 3.2 v-6? I have found some pacesetters for the 2000 3.2 will those work? If not where can I find some for the 2001. And how about cat back dual system??

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
They would work great if they were actually made. They have never been produced.

Joe

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
There was some dyno test done with those pacesetter headers with a VX and and an Amigo. The results was that there was very little HP gain and I'm not sure if they even make them. So Isuzu actually already tweaked them so no need to spend the cash.

As for a catback there is non aviable, but you can just purchase a higher flowing muffler and have it installed.

If you want a real power gain, save your cash for a super charger.

Are you running a cone filter or drop in. If you are running a cone you may want to read my faq link below on some results when used with an Isuzu

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am running a cone filter, but it is not the k&n xtreme conicle. That will be next. And you are saying isuzu already tweaked the exhaust manifold??

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
That is correct. The two folks that bolted up the protype had 0-3 hp increase with the pacesetter headers according to the dyno. After that word got around and pacesetter never brought them to production (this all happened in 1999)

Here is link to info on cone filters on isuzu (you need a heat sheild or you are lossing HP and MPG)
http://isuzufaq.ibctech.ca/#faq49

If you want real power a super charger is the only way to go (a new high flow muffler and cone will only give you 10-15HP increase).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, Amigo-2K, is that a picture of your truck with the supercharger? That's a nice looking job. What kind is it? I wonder if you can find one used. Have you ever ran it timed in any way? How does it feel? lots of extra power? Cool.

Jim.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I have one, not installed yet.

But you will end up with about 265 hp.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.