Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions. IS the 2001 3.2 a non-interference engine all the books i have read say it is but a few sites say no.

So i changes my timming belt yesterday.

the crank was lined up with the timming make on the oil pump and we rotated the cams so they clicked to lign up wit the timming mark on the heads.

When it is running you can feel it missing and you can kill all the plugs on the drivers side and the motor does not change but if you kill the ones on the passager side you can see a difference.

I have a feeling the drivers side is out of phase. they i just say a video saying that you need to click the drivers side cam to line up with a bolt on the head then rotate the head to line up with the mark.

Thanks
for the help.

·
Registered
11,939 Posts
The 3.2L DOHC is non interference.
The 9:00 o'clock marks on the left (driver) side are reference marks not timing marks, you rotate the pulley 90 degrees clockwise to 12:00 for the bank to be in time. This is a different procedure from the right bank where the marks are timing marks.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
it is a non-interference engine , on the timing click the passenger side to line up the marks .

on the drivers side just keep clicking until the gear marks line up with the reference mark at about 10 oclock , then very slowly turn the the gear to line up the marks at about 1 oclock , don't let it click.

on the above line poster refer to the deermagnet post. its very good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts