Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when doing a sharp turn in 4wd, (was parked overnight in 4wd, after a snowstorm) , I notice a clattering sound as I did a left turn. So I just turned very slowly , then turned it off. Road was 'wet' but not slippery, at that particular spot. . tires were a little underinflated, for more traction.. sound appeared to come from the front.

this was on top of the usual 'stickyness' when in 4wd

I re-engaged it later, going straight thinking maybe the fluid didnt circulate enough, (SLIGHTLY under freezing when it sat overnight)

the next turn under similar conditiions, it did not make the noise. And in the snow there was no noise in a full turn.

Q: does this indicate a problem ? does it get damaged when this happens?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds like the 'usual' cv-joint noises associated with using 4wd on pavement. According to everything I was told after a similar question, you should never use 4wd unless the surface you're driving on really demands it (mud,snow, etc.). It's REALLY hard on cv's, steering components, etc, when there's too much traction. Hope that helps! 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.